chapter 14

The little girl came a little closer to where I was standing and closed her eyes while looking at the fountain. Everyone was looking at her with encouraging smiles. She bowed her head and looked in the water. I smiled and silently consented with what Lilith was asking me to do.

I walked behind the little girl and just when she was about to frown and her eyes became glossy in rejection I stood next to her and looked in the water. I could see my face in the water even when the hood was up. And judging from the little gasp I heard, the girl could too and I saw her reflection looking at me. I smiled and then Lilith took over. My eyes turned golden and the little girl's eyes widened in happiness.

"It was a very good thing you did back there, by giving your friends hope. Hope is what keeps the world alive. It is something you should always give people. Never forget."

My eyes turned back to purple and the girl had silent tears down her face but she was still smiling. She turned and everyone looked at her with hope.

"So little one did you see the princess?"

The old were asked her and the little girl nodded but as she did a little boy, a year or two older than her, came out of the crowd and laughed

"What? You are a big fat liar. The princess would never show her face to you. You are a loser. That's what you will always be."

Apparently, everyone thought I was looking in the water just like her and I am just some stranger. They apparently didn't look in the water to see me. I smiled a little but it turned into a frown when the boy started making fun of the little girl and nobody was doing anything. I stepped in and stood in front of the little girl. Everyone gasped when I did that. I had absolutely no idea why they wouldn't stop the boy.

"It isn't nice to bully people you know"

"Yeah. What can you do about it?"

"Nothing!"

"That's exactly right! You can do nothing. My father is the general to the king and the princess is my father's close friend and I have seen the princess in real life and this little mutt can't see the princess in some stupid fountain."

I was honestly shocked by this. I mean who the hell does the kid think he is? I felt a growl coming out. I stopped myself before I could. The little girl sobbed and ran in the direction of the castle. I turned to the boy and saw him smirking at the girls retreating figure. I was getting pissed off now. Normally I don't hit kids but this one was asking for it. I went forward and while he was staring at the running girl I went and held him up by his ear. I heard a series of gasps from around me.

"How dare you I will call my father and he will have you executed!"

"Oh! Really! I am shaking. How about this you brat look at my face memorize it and go tell your father about me why don't you? I'll be sure to clear my schedule and wait for him to come after me. Kay?"

I released his ear and stepped back. He looked up at me with anger in his eyes. And then he had the audacity to laugh. RIGHT IN MY FACE.

That little piece of shit. Let me at him!

Lilith raised her hackles as if preparing for a fight. I calmed her down and looked down at the boy. He still didn't know who I was because of the hood. Well, that could be fixed. I felt a little breeze come from nowhere and blow away my hood revealing my red hair and violet eyes for only the boy to see. Apparently, he doesn't still know I am the princess even with my violet eyes. I just gave him one last glare and with that, I walked away and towards the castle where I saw the little girl running. Behind me, I could hear everyone starting to walk away. At that point, I knew I was being harsh but in order to stop the kid, I had to be harsh. If I wasn't he would still continue it and turn into something much worse like Marcus.

Immediately my mood turned worse and I stopped midway to take a calming breath but it was not working. I stormed into the castle and when someone I assume was new to the guard thing and didn't know me tried to stop me from entering the castle grounds. I just gave one huge growl that shook the ground and had the wolf cowering in fear. But he still didn't take the hint.

"I'm sorry alpha but whoever you are. You are not allowed on castle grounds. There are no visitors today."

I could feel my temper rising by the second and this wolf was not helping it. Slowly the ground around me began disintegrating and the grass turned a weird shade of brown. The guard took a deep breath but didn't back down. I admired his enthusiasm and courage to save the royal family but it was going to get him killed. I didn't understand why I was so angry. I just thought of that bastard and......

....I get it. It's not my anger. Lilith is angry and is affecting me with her emotions too.

Lilith you've got to stop. You're gonna hurt the dude.

All I heard was a snarl in reply. I could feel her taking over until I was but in the mere backseat and she took the wheel. I knew my eyes turned violet by the scared look in the guard's eyes. I felt bad for him but at the same time, I was afraid of what Lilith would do to him.

"Oh! So you know who I am now. Pretty face. Try blocking me again and I'll show you how it's like"

With that, she snarled one more time and then walked away. I felt myself relax and let her take out the anger until she is relaxed. She rand and shifted midair then practically flew to the forest behind the castle. For the next few hours, all she did was growl incoherent things about the guy.

I quickly learned just saying his name set her off into another anger tantrum. After another hour of her running around trying to cool off she finally came to a stop and gave me back control with a sorry and she closed off and acted like she was asleep. I shook my head at her antics then pulled off the leaves stuck in my hair. I looked at the time in the huge clock in the training field of the castle for the warriors and saw the time was already past five o clock. I groaned loudly. Mom was going to lay it thick on me. I have been away for almost two days.

I slumped in my place and let out a sigh. Time to face the music. Thanks for doing this Lilith. What a great wolf! Ignore the sarcasm.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

thats 1194 words for ya'll.................... happy eid to all who celebrated. dont forget to 

comment, vote and share.

thank ya'll for the support. I really appreciate it. ❤❤❤