Chapter 29

Melissa's P.O.V:

I groaned in pain once again when I felt pain in my lower regions. I was told the heat at the beginning was brutal and women wanted to pull out their ovaries and throw them out and trust me, I felt the same way. But the downside was I didn't have a mate to ease the pain and I'd rather rip out my woman parts than mate with that asshole. I rolled over in my bed and held the ice pack close to my stomach. Danny sat in the corner with worry in his eyes. I swear he is supposed to be like a few months old but he looks like he is four, and has the mentality of an adult. He furrows his eyebrows and whimpers.

"shh baby mommy is alright. It'll go away. It'll be fine. I'm fine."

Soon my cooing makes him drowsy and I lay him on the bed surrounded by pillows so he doesn't fall off the bed. I stand up wincing when I get another wave of discomfort and somehow waddle/baby walk to the bathroom and fill my bathtub with freezing cold water. I sigh and unwind my tense muscles as I sink into the cold water. This is going to be a long week.

As time had passed I was getting more tired. Not getting enough sleep and the constant pain does that. After the second day I sent Danny off with Hailey, so he couldn't see my pain. I only let him in at night to sleep with me since he couldn't sleep without my presence. Each time Hailey entered she did with her hand pressed to her nose. Heat for females was always complicated. The males smelt the most beautiful scent from the female in heat and instantly got protective and get urges to mate and claim, even if the girl wasn't their mate. But for the women, they smelt a smell so revolting that they rather stay away from the female in heat, unless the female was interested in females, then of course she had the same urges as a man.

So far, about seventy six males and twenty four females accidentally smelt my heat and tried bursting the doors to get to me. That was why I posted a few of the mated males around my door as guards. The mate bonds prevented them from the animalistic urges.

I sighed once more as I turned the water in the tub colder with my powers. since it was my seventh and last day of heat it had gotten much worse. The moment I stepped in the water, no matter how cold it was it instantly turned burning hot. I held my face in my hands as I felt the need to cry. I held back the tears but as soon as I tried relaxing by putting my head on the walls of the tub I drifted off into oblivion.

When I came too it was morning and light was shining through the small window in the bathroom. I was still in water but the mermaid side of me stopped from me looking like a pruned grape. I got out of the water and instantly started a weird dance. I realized I didn't feel the heat waves and neither was my mood so bad. I tied a towel around me and ran to the closet to get dressed. I woke up my sleepy Danny from the bed and dressed him up quickly and skipped out the door. My mood was off the roof. I felt like I was alive again and I thanked mother that wretched heat was gone, it was hard getting through that. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

When I entered the dining room everybody stood up and bowed. I furrowed my eyes in confusion when I saw Hailey and Max were missing.

"where's Hailey and Max?"

"ah! Hailey kinda got her heat because she was constantly around you so.......yeah"

To say pa was embarrassed was an understatement. He turned all red and ma and mom were laughing at his expense. The girl I rescued from earlier was also at the table and she was looking better than before. Her pale blonde hair was brushed and tied into a pony tail and her green eyes were wide as she watched me walk into the room. I immediately felt regret on how I talked to her before. I settled into my chair at the head of the table where ma and pa sat on my right and the girl, Liliana sat on my left where mom was supposed to sit. Three days ago Hailey came and told me that mom had some work back at the pack so she left.

I sat Danny on a high chair next to me and put some cut up fruits and apple juice in a Sippy cup in front of him. he immediately started eating, picking at the fruit with his hands with his eyes furrowed in concentration. I had stopped feeding him by myself because h kept saying he was a 'big boy' and could do it himself. I felt sad that my baby was growing up so fast but the doctor assured me it was normal and it would only last till he looked to be at least five years old. And by the time he did he would be around one year old in reality. Since it was three weeks till he turned one I arranged a party for him so we could celebrate his first year.

I sliced my pancake with a knife and took small bites all the while watching the girl Liliana eat her food with nimble hands. I sighed and put my fork down.

"I am sorry fr looking rude and mean when we first met, I was not in a good place then. It doesn't help that the lady who is after you is a sworn enemy of mine. So, I apologize for being a bitch even if I really am one."

"it's okay. I understand. And thank you for letting me stay here. I really don't know what to do now."

"what do you mean?"

"it's just I don't want to be a burden on you or anyone. You already saved my life that's more than anything anyone has ever done for me."

I put my hand on hers and she looks up with tears in her eyes.

"sweetheart, you don't know it but my wolf has already claimed you as family. She already loves you just like she loves Hailey and maybe I do too. And I won't hear you degrading yourself. You are a beautiful girl and you shouldn't think any other way. Now that you are in my castle you don't need to worry about anything. You are family to me now. You are not a burden okay?"

She nods and I can see in her eyes she is thankful. I continue eating my stack of pancakes and feel someone stare at me or more like my mouth. I sigh and turn to the little devil that only gives me a cheeky grin. I roll my eyes and put four of my chocolate pancakes in front of him. he picks them up and rolls them and looks pointedly at the chocolate sauce in the bowl in front of me. I sigh and put it in front of him. he dips the pancakes and bites into them. I roll my eyes once more when he talks with his mouth full.

"Tank choo mommy!"

"yeah, yeah I get it. You only love me when I give you food

"of courshe mommy!"

I can't help but join into his adorable peels of laughter. And just like that the mood of the table was lifted.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welp! here it is folks after 7 months of dormancy my pea brain has mustered up enough brain juice to put together a few more chapters to satisfy the few people who needle me relentlessly for a new chapter..... you know who you are ..............

Lemme know what you think of the story so far peeps and I would try to put out minimum 3-4 chapters  month to complete this baby because so far I have over 6 books with just the story line saved in my laptop and I would like to get rid of all of em so I dont loose my mind anymore and my last brain cell has some rest.

Q&A: has anything Good happened to you in 2020? ( I'm hella curious to know ;cuz this year is shit.)

My A: Probably me getting the tiny promotion that gave me the opportunity to get more junk for myself....... Yeah that sums up my 2020.

Also I would like to give my love to all people suffering with job loss during this shitty pandemic. Just to let you guys know I am praying for everyone and Hopefully everything goes back to normal.