Chapter 4

Later that day they decided to go for a swim.
"Come on Zendaya just get in!!" Tony yells from inside the pool.

Everyone had their eyes locked on Zendaya who was still outside of the pool in her blue bikini.
"Must I do it?" She yells.
"Yes!" Jacob says with a groan at the end.
"Aahh!" Zendaya screams when wet arms wrapped around her waist from behind and jumped in the water with her.

Without any of their knowledge Tom actually climbed out of the water.
"SHORTY!" Zendaya smacks him on his shoulder when they finally came up.

"I'm gonna fuck you up when I get my hands on you," she says swimming after Tom who's already far away from her.
"I'm waiting Z," he teased back.

The night was great. They played pool games and dunked each other underwater. Everyone noticed the little glances Tom and Zendaya gave each other, but decided to say nothing.

"I like chocolate ice cream a lot more," Tom said that night. Everyone went to bed and Tom and Zendaya was still awake eating ice cream on the couch.
"God it depends on my mood you know," Zendaya says eating a bite of her vanilla flavoured treat.
"How did you do it," Tom asks after a few moments of silence.
"Hmm?"
"Handle the pressure and the press and the questions," he looks at her with worried eyes and she smiles at him sweetly.

She tells him what she does. Surround herself with friends and confide in her family. She tells him to just be himself and stay humble and grounded.

Tom was lost in her words. Everything she said felt comforting and he felt his nerves fly away. The pressure of being an amazing Spider-Man is hectic.
"I've seen the hate Zendaya, I'm so sorry people are so dumb and racist," Tom says and Zendaya gave him a small smile.

"Hey just another day in a life of a black woman," she jokes.
"But it's still wrong and rude," he says seriously and Zendaya felt like she was holding her breath and somewhere while they were talking their hands intertwined and neither of them made any effort to let go.
"Zendaya"
"Tom," they both said at the same time then chuckle.
"Sorry," he says laughing and Zendaya feels herself gripping his hand tighter.
"Dude you are just...so nice. You're just like a really good dude," she says and mentally face palm herself. He looks at her blankly then all of a sudden he lets go of her hand and she feels cold at the loss of contact.

Something about the way he let go of her hand made her feel bad and kind of guilty. The blank look on his face was replaced by fake happiness and he took a bite of his ice cream. There was this weird awkward cloud hanging over them now and Zendaya knows that she officially fucked up any chance she had with him in the future.

"Tom..." she said then he gets up.
"It's getting late so uhm... I'll see you tomorrow," he said then gets up from is spot next to me and goes to his room and she's left alone.

She looks down at her melting ice creaming. This is how she felt at the moment. She doesn't know what just happened ,but it hurt very badly. She also felt like in some way she hurt him badly.
This can't happen. They just met. Zendaya got up from her seat and walked back to her room.