Chapter 18

Zendaya sat on her couch watching her stylist talk on the phone with one of his other co-workers.
"Law what are we gonna do about my dress..." Zendaya says. The premier was only 7 hours away. That wasn't nearly enough time to get another one as perfect as the other one.

"We are doing nothing about it," Law picked up the dress neatly. "Trust me Zendaya," he said and she nodded and walked him out.

Her heart was beating ten miles an hour and she felt like crying, but there was no time for that.

"I just can't believe Laura would do something like that I mean..." Claire said and Zendaya nodded in agreement while starting her make up.

"I mean he doesn't want you and it's really not my fault if your thirsty and he's taken," Zendaya said with a frown.

"I mean Tom is mine. That bitch would have to do a lot more if she thinks this is gonna scare me away..." She said again.

"Potty mouth," Claire said picking up Noon and Z just rolls her eyes.
"Daya," Claire said after a brief silence.

"Yeah mama?" she said turning to face her mother.
"You're being careful right?" she said and Zendaya stopped working all together.

"What?" she asks confused.

"Zendaya I know that you and Tom are..." Zendaya turned bright red. Her mom knew that she was active under the sheets. It wasn't something that she wanted her mom to know about and she most defenitly does not want to talk about it.

"oh." Was all she could get out.
"How did you?"

"I saw your birth control perscription laying on your bed," she said and Zendaya blushes even more.

"Well okay then..." Zendaya said under her breath.
"Look if you want to ever talk-"

"Thanks Mommy, but I'm good I don't need to talk about anything," she said and Claire nods.

It's not easy for a mother to come to terms with her kid growing up. The first time she found out that Zendaya was active were a bunch of years ago. Zendaya came to her in tears and told her what happened and that's where it struck her that her child was really growing up.

"Zendaya-"

"Mom please I made the choice again let me deal with it," Zendaya said and then her phone went of.

"Hey Law?" she answered the phone and stood up walking through the back door.

"Hey Z I have some good news I'll be over at your house in 30 min okay," he said then hung up.

Zendaya checked the time then went up to her room to take a shower. Time to get ready.

Tom felt nerves take over and his heart was beating faster by the second. People don't always remember the amount of stress that he has stores in his body.

Yes, shooting the movie was great fun and he enjoyed everything, even the injuries, but he often almost got lost in his own head. Worried about his lines, about the stunts about what's people will think. Constantly doubting himself. He didn't want to let anyone down.

That was where Zendaya helped the most. She'd always know what to say even if she didn't know what was going on in his head. He wanted to call her right now, but she was mostlikely busy with her dress. Dang her dress.

He can't believe Laura would do that to Z. He wanted to go to her and yell at her make her understand that she was being childish and silly, but that would make everything worse.

He looked at himself in the mirror and he felt the nerves build.
"Hey man," his brother Harry walked in and Tom whipped around.

"Hey," he said picking up his phone.

"What's wrong?" He said.

"It's nothing I just want this night to be over and done," he said and stared at his phone contimplating calling Zendaya.

"Are you sure?" he said and Tom nodded a then he left.

Tom decided to just call her and he instantly regretted it when he did.
"Hallo..." She answered and he couldn't speak.
"Tom?" she said.
"Hey..." he said in a breathy voice finally finding his voice again.
"You okay?" she asked worried.

"I just need to hear your voice that's all," he said softly.
"Awwwww," she said, "Thomas."

"Okay now I don't want to hear your voice I'm gonna hang up," he joked.

"Oh haha."

"Did you manage to figure something out with your dress?" he asks looking at the time.

"Yeah actually I love what I'm gonna wear I should really thank Laura for the improvements," she said and he could hear the smirk in her voice.

"Improvements?"

"All I'm gonna say is control your boner," she said bluntly.
"Zendaya! I have so much self control. Wait why would I... Please don't tell me you're bringing out sexy Z tonight of all nights," he said.

Zendaya laughed listening to her giant baby.
"You said you love my legs," she said and she heard him groan.
"Noon! I'm hanging up now bye I'll see you later tonight," he said.

"Sorry we can't sit together," she said.

"Hey it's totally fine and I guess it's a good thing after what you just warned me," he said laughing then they said their goodbyes again and hung up.

"Control my boner... That girl is gonna be the death of me," he chuckled.