Chapter 21

Zendaya was tossing and turning the night trying to come up with reasons to ditch the date. It was times like this she wished she could scream her relationship status to the world.

She looked at the time it was half past five and she's given up on sleep by then.
"Zac I am not interested," she practiced the line in her head.

She took put her phone and scrolled through pictures. Lip sync battle...interviews they all had one thing in common, Tom and he's the one her heart belonged to. She loves him, she does and he deserves to know.

She decided to go to her room and call him.
"Pick up," she chanted over and over again but he didn't pick up and Zendaya realizes he must still be asleep or something.

Shes just gonna have to handle this on her own and tell him later. One thing she's gonna have to do is not tell anyone at all expecially Darnell because he'll either force her to tell Tom asap or he'll just tell Tom himself.

She falls back onto her bed and she feels Noon plant himself on top of her stomach.
"What am I gonna do son? Wait a second I can't even ask you because you won't be on my side," she say picking him up in her arms crawling back into bed.

Tom woke up that morning and saw a missed call from Zendaya. He decided to call her back later because he's already late.
" You are late, " Daisy says and Tom just rolls his eyes and rush to make up.

"You are late," Sam says and Tom just plops down on his chair.
"I know can you just... Do your job?" he says snappy and she rolls her eyes.

"Are you hungry?" she asks and he freezes. He was starving and he's shocked that she guessed that.
"Nope," he lies and she hands him the other half of her chicken sandwich.

"Just eat it and shut up," she says wiping his face clean with a wipe so that she could start his make up.

"Thank you... But you should eat other foods you can't live off of chicken sandwiches," he jokes taking a bite.
"Shut up you should stop being a little goat you know," she says and he chuckles.

"I'm a man I eat the right amount of food," he defends himself and she chuckles.

To them it felt like they have reached some unspoken understanding because the air felt lighter and they spoke like old friends. He thought back to Zendaya and how mad she would be if she knew he was talking to Sam again. He takes out his phone and sends her a text.

Zendaya spent her whole day dodging Zac the best tls he can, but today they were doing the ending which also ment there is a kiss involved.

It was hard to hide in her Anne Wheeler outfit and even harder when it was time and she was called on set.

She reluctantly ran to set.

"She's here!" someone called.
"Make up!!" some people powered my face and I handed my robe to someone and ran on set.

"Hey," Zac said,"Ready for our date later?"
"Look Zac about that-"

"PLACES!!" Zendaya runs to her place and she mentally prepares herself for the take and the music starts.

Zac dips her and she knows the kiss has to be good other wise they would have to do it again a few times. She tried to completely forget about Zendaya and completely transform into Anne. She needed to kiss him like she's in love and her character is. Her character is deeply in love with Phillip. That's what it is. She's Anne Kissing Phillip because she's finally letting herself love him.

He leans down and she leans in and kisses him. The kiss was soft, but that's it. Zendaya didn't feel the fludder or the warmth she felt with Tom. With Tom it was bliss and the feeling left her craving more.

"And Cut!" they heard and she pulled out of his arms and stood up right.
"Great job," Zac said touching her elbow. She quickly pulled away and smiled.
"Thanks man I mean acting always came easy to me," she said and she hurt in his eyes for about a split second then it was replaced with what looks like happiness.

"I need to get going I have an episode of K. C Undercover I have to go shoot," she said taking her robe from one of the workers.

"I'll see you tonight then," he leaned in and pecked her cheek then he was of.

Zendaya froze. What the FUCK is happening.

She felt like what's happening with Zac is written on her face and she has to hide from Darnell because that's what she's been doing.

Zendaya was currently reciding her words in her trailer then her phone rang and she almost jumped through the roof then she saw the caller. Tom.

She stared at the phone as if it was a bomb that was gonna explode any moment. She didn't make much effort to pick it up, just stared at it and the call went to voice mail. She felt bad, so so bad, but hearing his voice right now would only make things worse.

"Zendeesha," Darnell came in.
"The fuck!?" she whipped around still frightened by her the call.

"You look pale. What happened?" he asked.
"Nothing jeez I'm fine..." She says picking up her script not looking at him.

"Zendaya what's going on?" he asks. She looked at him and her eyes starts to tear up. She couldn't tell him he would hate her, but she couldn't lie about this. She needed help and she couldn't think of anyone else to go to. Everyone will tell her the same thing so she caved.

" I.. I think I'm cheating on Tom," she says finally letting in out. She felt a stray tear fall from down her cheek and Darnell's face was blank.

He calmly sat down in front of her then he spoke.
"Talk from the beginning," he said and she told him what's been happening.