Chapter 20

Darnell woke up and he walked to the kitchen still half asleep. He was startled by the music that was on at full blast.

"Morning Darneesha!" a very happy Zendaya says putting a cup in front of him.

"What is going on with you?" he asked eyeing the cup with suspicious.

"Nope nothing let's make a snap together... Let me just pick a new song..." She clicked one of her favorite songs and it was a song she was obsessed with a lot now a days.

"But you don't pay me no attention Stanley. I'm needing your attention baby..." they sang together and when the snap was over he turned to her.

"Does this have something to do with a curtain Spider-Man who's middle name is 'Stanley'?" he asks and she picks up Noon.

"He hasn't answered me yet and I'm getting irretated," she said putting Noon down.

"Maybe he's sleeping or shooting or taking a shit and forgot his phone," Darnell said opening the fridge.

"Urg!!! I just want him to come back to me already I want to show of my flying tricks to his face," she said then her phone pinged.

Really Z? 🤣

Darnell immediately knew who she was texting thanks to that stupid look on her face.

Well Thomas you didn't answer me so...

She decided to dial his number.
" Hey... You know the new song by Bruno Mars?" she said.

"Yeah Z I do I'm not living under a rock?" he said.

"Well I hear the music video is being uploaded later tonight you should check it out," she said.

"OK fine I will. You're obsession with Bruno Mars is unhealthy Zendaya," he joked.

Right after their Lip sync battle challenge Bruno contacted her and asked her to be in his Versace on the floor video and she gladly said yes. She didn't tell Tom about it because she wanted to surprise him with the full edited video.

Obviously she knows what he's reaction will be and now their so far away from each other it is gonna drive him insane and she loves it.

"My birthday is soon..." She says.

"I know, I know my baby is finally gonna turn 21," he said and she groaned. He's been calling her baby a lot now so that must be his new thing and it's irretating.

"And what are you gonna do?" she said.

"Well I am gonna have a drink for you," he said and they laughed.

They went like that back and forth untill Zendaya really had to get ready to leave.

Tom had a stupid smile on his face. Tom was missing her like crazy and he honestly never ment to not answer her. He was asleep when she sent her message and he only saw it this morning along with her snap.

He got ready, had breakfast and went straight to set. When he got there he ran into Daisy.
"Hey!" they both said at the same time.
"You ready for today?" he asked.

Him and Daisy weren't friends at all. They were cordial, but that is it really.
"Yes I am. I would appreciate it if you actually start learning your words instead of making things up," she said and stomped of.

Tom rolled his eyes. He prepares, he really does, but when he's in the moment and when he becomes his character he tend to change the words, but it's not like the words don't make sense in the scene and the directors haven't complain so what she says really doesn't mean shit.

Tom sighs then goes to make up. Lindy, he's usual make up artist that does his make up is sick so he's gonna be working with someone new.

"Tom?" he hears behind him and then he's face to face with Sam his ex girlfriend.

"Sam? What are you doing here? If you are here to-"

"Do my job then yes you are absolutely right Thomas," she said looking at him challenging.

"I swear Samantha if there is any other motive behind you being here there will be trouble," he says walking into the make up trailer and he sat down.

"Just shut up so I can do your make up and you can get out of my face," she said and he huffed.

Tom's mind leaped to Zendaya. She would want to know about this right? The fact that him and Sam are going to be working together for who knows how long. They've spoken about their exes to before and Z hates Sam the most out of his previous girlfriends.

Once she was done he left to go on set...now he has to deal with the wicked witch of the West.

Zendaya was in her trailer getting dressed into so comfortable cloths. They just finished up some choreography for This is me.

After a while she heard a knock on the door.
"Come in!"

"Hey!" Zac said coming into her dressing room,"wow this place is way nicer than mine."

He sat down on the little couch and she sat next to him.
"I mean come on bro what did you expect," she said with a chuckle then she felt her phone go of... Darnell.

"Since we don't shoot tomorrow I was thinking we do something...get to know each other," he said and she thought for a second.

"Okay cool what did you have in mind?" she asked.

"Well you can come to my place and we could... Binge watch Stranger Things in the middle of the afternoon?" he said.

"Well I actually have to shoot a scene for K.C Undercover tomorrow morning and a little in the afternoon, I can come over like late afternoon maybe?" she said.

"Cool," he said getting up, but before he left the room he said, " it's a date then," and left leaving Zendaya in a frozen state.

She could not move. She couldn't even comprehend what he just said... Date!?