Chapter Fourteen: I'm sprung**'

Beyoncé

There was a knock on my door. "Open." I said. Carter walked in and closed the door behind him. "Since when do you knock?" I asked placing my knuckles under my chin watching him. He shrugged and chuckled. "You ready?" He asked. "For what?"

"It's lunch time." He said. "Oh." I got up and grabbed my purse. And closed my laptop. He got up and opened up the door walking outside. "Where are you taking me?" I asked walking behind him. He shrugged. "My car or yours?" I asked. He shrugged again. I sucked my teeth and just followed him. We went down the pack of stairs towards the parking lot. He looked back at me and continued walking. I looked down at him and noticed his pants was sagging. It never sags. He walked towards his car and opened the passenger's seat for me. I went in and he closed it going into the drivers seat.

"Carter I swear if you bring me to Mc.Donalds.." I told him he chuckled. "I'd never do that. I'll take you to one of my restaurants."

I just laid back and he drived. "So, tell me about your past." He said backing out of his parking space.

"Okay. My parents actually ran my life. If it wasn't for them I'd probably be a singer." I said. He just nodded. "Sing for me." He said.

I shook my head. He took a quick glance at me. "Oh, come on. Sing for me." He said. I rolled my eyes and sang the first verse and chorus of Whitney Houston I will always love you. I held in the "you" part and went high along with some runs for a period of time and stopped. He looked at me for a long time. "Wow." He said. I shrugged my shoulders and looked out the window.

"You're voice is perfection." He whispered. I gave him a little smile. "Thanks." I said. He nodded. "My parents also ran my life. Back in the day I'd hustle." He said. I gasped. "I'd never guess that you would ever do that."

"Want to know something else?" He asked. "What?"

"I also wanted to be a rapper." He whispered in a soft voice. I chuckled. "What would have been your rapper name?" I asked being curious.

"Jayz." He said. I bursted with laughter and looked out my window. He gave me a serious glare and went unto the highway. "Where does Jayz come from Shawn?" I asked.

"My hustling name was Jazzy. I switched up a few letters and then it would have came to that. I was pretty serious into getting in to. I was about to get signed and everything. But, my parents said that the life I was in would get me to death pretty soon and quick. They also forced me to school and I had a person following me so it'd be certain that I went to school." He said. I just nodded. "That's good. So, you from the hooood." I dragged putting on my gangsta face expression. He laughed and watched me.

"You're just silly aren't you." He said. I shrugged. "Wellll..."

He chuckled. "So, continue about it."

"Alright, as a little girl I'd start singing with some girls at my school. Writing songs and everything. Performing at talent shows. We were even on Star Search."

He gasped. "Ya'll were that good?"

"Apparently not. We lost, and we stopped trying because my father would just say things like "what sense does it make?!" and "Just, give up."

Carter shook his head. "I bet if all of you kept trying you'd make it."

I shrugged. "Maybe, but my best friend Kelly and my Sister is in the industry." I said. He hit the breaks. "Kelly?...... Kelly Rowland?" He asked. I nodded. "Boy, can she sing. She got a body too." He said pressing the gas again.