Chapter Fourty Eight: Whose Boyfriend is He? **'

-Sunday

-Beyoncé

                             When I opened my eyes Carter was right in front of me sleeping. I did a small giggle and struggled to take his arm off of me which will forever be a challenge. "Bey, Stop!" he groaned. "Carter get up, it's Sunday and we have to go to church." I whispered. He grumbled and finally let go of me. I chuckled and got out of the bed and opened the door going straight to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and gurgled some listerine into my mouth. After that I skipped down the stairs to smell my mother making breakfast.

"Good Morning Mother . . . And the rest.." I said looking at Kelly and Solange murdering their waffles and pancakes. I chuckled and they looked at me. "How was your sleep?" my mom asked. While Solange mouthed me "Did daddy see him yet?"

"I slept well." I said answering my mother and shook my head referring it to Solange. She poured more syrup unto her pancakes and continued to eat. Soon, my mother placed a plate in front of me. "Thank you." I said. She nodded and I did a quick grace and began to eat.

"Where's Dad?" I asked biting out of my waffles. "He's at Sunday School." Kelly and Solange answered. "Oh, I wanted him to see Carter before he left." I said.

"Hey, why do you call him by his last name?" Kelly asked and I shrugged. "The first time when I met him he didn't tell me his first name but he told me don't call him Mr. Carter... So, Carter just stuck on." I replied and drank some of my orange juice. She nodded. "Well, your father will see Carter when we all come back for lunch." my mom stated.

Carter walked into the kitchen. "So, whose gossiping about me?" he asked pulling out a chair. We all laughed and I rolled my eyes. "You aren't that important Carter." I said as he sat down. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "You definitely shouldn't have said that Ms. Knowles. Because we all know I am your number one priority." he told me. My mother chuckled and placed his plate in front of him.

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat. Carter said his short prayer and began to eat as well. "So your father is a preacher?" Carter asked out of the blue. I nodded and finished up my breakfast. "That's good." he said. I nodded again and carried up my empty plate to the sink.

I started washing up the dishes and people began to add more. When Carter came up to the sink trying to do the same thing I mean mugged him. "I wash, you rinse.." I told him. He grumbled but began to do it anyway. Everyone went upstairs to start getting dressed while me and Carter washed up. "So what do you think your father's reaction will be when he actually sees me?" he asked placing the dishes in the drainer. 

"Ohh! What happened to Jayson?! You dating rich guys now!?" I said in a man's voice. He started to laugh and I chuckled. We finished the dishes and made our way upstairs.

************

- At The Church

- Greetings

                              We were sitting down and my father took the mic looking over the church.

"If it is your first time in this church please stand up and say your name where you're from and who invited you." My father said. Me, Solange, Kelly and my mother looked at Carter. He looked back at me and I saw four people stand. "Stand up." I whispered to him. He shook his head. "He'll know you're visiting so just stand." I tried persuading him. He sighed. "Who invited me?" he asked. I chuckled. "Just say my name."