Chapter Twenty Three: I do care**'

Chapter Twenty-Three: I do care**'

Beyoncé

         Carter has officially dropped me as his patient. Ever since then everything has been completely business. We don't talk about anything unless it's work related. It bugs me, but it's for the best. I'd hate to lose this job. I get paid really well here. Jayson called me the other day. (the usual) but, this time I actually picked up. He wanted to talk to me. Right after work. He seemed to call at the right time cause starting next week the business is going to Atlanta. Which I think is a ridiculous idea. I don't even know why Carter mentioned that when he knows everything of his is in New York. There was.  knock on my door and Carter walked through. I placed my glasses down and crossed my legs.

"Good Morning." he greeted. "Good Morning Sir." I said. He flashed me a genuine smile and gave me a stack of folders.

"One more week until we pick whose going to stay in this business." He said. I nodded. "Those folders are the amount of people you've helped since we came from London.

"I did all those?" I asked being surprised. "I was just as surprised as you."

I chuckled and placed my glasses back on looking through the folders. "Daniel.." I whispered reading it. "Who?"

"The little boy that I helped. He wouldn't talk and he was six."

"You're doing a fantastic job, keep up the good work." he said. I smiled and he walked back out closing the door behind him. I continued looking through the folders and noticed Carter was mentioned. He placed a check mark when they asked him if I helped him.

I can not lie and say that I do not love Carter. Because, I do. He's amazing. I don't know how his ex wife treated him so bad. That man has everything. Manners, Respect, Maturity, Money, A big ass....you know what..

I leaned back and there was a knock on the door. I saw Jayson walk in. I took my glasses off and leaned against my desk. He closed the door behind him and took a seat in the chairs where my patients usually sit.

"Bey.." he said. I looked at him. "Yes Mr. Renald."

"I need you back."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why all of a sudden?"

"I think about you every day. I know that I should've treated you way better like you deserve. But, listen. Just because I have a child by someone else don't mean that I still love you. You can never leave my mind. Give me another chance please"

I shrugged. "Ill get back to you on that."

"Are you taken?" he asked. I shook my head. There was a knock on my door and Carter walked in and watched Jayson like he was out of his mind.

He placed a couple papers on my table. I couldn't help to see Carter look at Jayson like he was jealous. I chuckled under my breath.

"Beyoncé we need to discuss important things in this up coming meeting that will be held now in my office.

He looked at Jayson before he walked out. "I'll call you." he said.

"I'll answer."

He gave me a big smile and walked out. I picked up my purse along with my phone. I waited a while before I walked out. I closed my office and walked towards Carter's door. I opened it without knocking and walked in closing the door behind me.

"Why was Jayson here today?" he asked without greeting me. I shrugged. "Are you getting back with him?"

I shrugged again. He sighed and stood up. "Meeting dismissed."

I was about to walk out but then I turned around. "Why do you care?"

He grunted and looked at me. "Why do I care!?" he yelled

I scratched behind my ear lobe. I hate being yelled at, because I tend to talk back in the same tone."

"Yes Carter why do you care!? It's been a month since that London incident and you acted like nothing happened. Why do you care now!?" I dropped my purse on the spot.

He walked closer to me. "I acted like nothing happened because I was left with no choice. I know you fell in love with me during th  love therapy."

I picked up my purse. "What does that matter?"

"You're not the only one who fell in love. So did I."

I sucked my teeth and turned around heading for the door. I opened it about to walk out until I heard him say something.

"You. I fell in love with you."

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked back at him.

*****

(This was a short chappie...)

Q&A

ZSwagger276: Shawn do you think Bey can keep working at your place if you started dating her?

Carter (Shawn in this case) : Honestly, no. But, I definitely wouldn't mind risking a few things to date her. She seems worth it.

Shakena4712: Carter, I thought you loved Bey

Carter: Before I was not in love with her. But a month after we had sex in London. It came to me that I was yes indeed in love. Especially when we got spaced and when I saw Jayson in her office today. I don't know if I was jealous. But, I certainly did no  like seeing him in her office.

Serfboartstyles: Carter, THE FUCK YOU MEAN YOU NOT IN LOVE Nigga

Carter: The day we had sex I wasn't in love. But after the whole week we continued to have sex and eventually I fell in love. But, she doesn't seem to care.

Baby_Jay12: Beyoncé why are you so sprung?

Beyoncé: Sprung? Under who? I have no feelings for Jayson now. But, for Carter? those feelings are definitely there. So, I might be sprung under Carter. I'm not sure. But, I do know that I think about him a lot. More than I think about food, and I think about food a lot.

ixbaddie: What does it take for you to fall in love?

(This question didn't have anyone's name involved so I'll make both answer.)

Carter: Breasts. Ass. I'm just kidding. Haaa.. But, if you make me touch your hair that'd be awesome. Respect for yourself. Manners, Neatness. A pretty face. If you have breasts and ass I'll accept that too.

Beyoncé: If you can be Carter. Were in love.

Myriamknowles: Carter why are you not in love?

Carter: I am now.