† Chp. X †

Chapter soundtrack: 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen.

First of all, I want to say a huge congratulations to thefangirlofhp for finishing her story, Skinny Love! If you haven't checked it out, and you have the hots for Legolas, then you definitley should. It will make you laugh, cry, and possibly even die (:

Now on with the show.

† Chp. X †

 X †

___

"How you doing little dude?" Robin asks with a nasally voice, wiping her red nose as she sits down next to Frodo.

"By the looks of it, better then you are." Frodo replies with a faint smile, taking in her exhausted appearance.

"Don't know what you're talking about, I'm fi-" Robin cuts herself off as she lets out a hoarse cough, taking a couple of seconds to breathe as her throat calms itself back down. "Okay, you're right. Colds are the worse. You think you're fine, then next thing you know you're coughing up your-"

She interrupts herself again with another ghastly hack.

"Anyway, enough about what I'm dealing with, how are you holding up?" Robin questions. The hobbit always seems to be in the right state of mind, but the fact that he's been through so much for a person who has experienced so little is quite concerning.

"I'll get there." Frodo responds, as he twirls the ring between his fingers. "Besides, I'd always wanted to go on an adventure. Bilbo would tell me these great stories about trolls and dragons and- I guess I didn't realise the hard work which comes with such a journey."

Robin glances at the hobbit with admiration.

"Well, if it means anything to you, I think you're the bravest of the bunch." She lets out another cough, before pointing towards the other halfing who always seems to be by Frodo's side, except at this moment he sits out of hearing distance with his back against a rock. "And your friend, Sam, don't take him for granted. Firstly, he has food, and secondly, he's one of a kind."

Robin stands to her feet and ruffles Frodo's hair as he smiles up at her. Then she notices another sulking figure, and decides to make her way over.

At the current moment, the fellowship has found themselves stuck in the bowels of Moria, as Gandalf has forgotten which direction leads to safety. Robin is trying her best to lift the mood, even in her sickly state.

She paces over to the red haired dwarf who sits sulking in a dark corner, and takes a seat on the cold, dusty ground beside him. There is silence between them, well other than the occasional sniff and cough from Robin, before Gimli speaks up.