epiløgüe ➴

Chapter soundtrack: 'On My Way' by Phil Collins.

= cue music

epiløgüe

epiløgüe ➴

___

Two years has passed since Sauron's defeat.

It almost seems as though the journey never happened, as if it was simply a dream, resting within the back of each participant's mind, only awakened and relived once summoned through memory.

Gondor's king returned, ruling the City of Kings beside his wife, Arwen. Gimli gathered his brothers and lead them to the Glittering Caves, establishing a new Dwarven kingdom. After restoring beauty to many forests, and assisting Gimli in his settlement, Legolas returned to the Woodland realm as guard and heir to his father's throne.

None have seen nor heard from Eretria, however the name 'Robin Hood' continues to spread throughout Middle Earth due to many successful robberies.

A memorial for Boromir has been delicately carved in honour at the peak of Minas Tirith, standing as he used to stand upon the White Tower in the morning.

The four hobbits returned to their homeland, garnished in royal attire and receiving a fair amount of curious glances from onlooking Shire folk. Everything came to settle, though for Merry and Pippin, it was rather hard to return from adventure and adjust back into their quiet little reality.

Samwise Gamgee married the love of his life, Rosie Cotton, and soon became a loving father. Frodo wrote about the adventure, deciding to name his book 'The Lord of the Rings'.

To some, the passing seasons are but ripples ever repeated in the long stream, yet beneath the sun, all things must wear to an end. There must come a time where every living being meets their last moments in Middle Earth, including wizards and high elves.

Gandalf the White sailed to the undying lands, spending the rest of his days in peace. Accompanying the wizard went all those who bore the rings of power. Galadriel, Celeborn, Elrond, and for the first time, two hobbits sailed to Valinor. Frodo and Bilbo Baggins.

The farewell was one to be remembered, as tears glistened down the cheeks of Pippin and Merry. Though, none felt the sadness as deep as Sam, who was last to meet eyes with Frodo before the young halfling's departure.

Now here the three hobbits dwell, within The Green Dragon, surrounded by the cheerful chattering of their own kin. Sam mingles with the crowd, Rosie Cotton by his side, light blue ribbons twirled within her soft ringlets. Pippin takes a swig of his fine brew, whilst Merry draws from his pipe, a lazy grin spread across his round face. Across the table, various other hobbits sit, listening to their talk.