† Chp. XLV †

† Chp. XLV †

 XLV †

___

She was 18 years old when the Valar sent a blessing upon her life.

"I will offer one last time. Give me a name to the man who accompanied your robbery, and we will leave you be."

"Kiss my ass." Eretria seethed, blood dripping from her busted lip.

Another loud smack filled throughout the stone chamber, and the young girl hissed in pain, the chains bounding her wrists rattling as she attempted to recline from the blow. The city guard towered over her kneeling frame, his eyes narrowed upon his rigid, hard set features.

"Stubborn young lass." A seperate guard grumbled, leaning against the cold wall of Eretria's bitter cell.

"Three weeks and she still refuses to tell her name, nor the name of her companion." The grizzled man growled, a sinister smirk carving onto his rough skin. "The bull will make her talk."

"Or a bottle of whiskey." Eretria offered with a mocking grin.

This remark caused another hard hit to the side of her already tender face.

Three weeks had felt like an entire eternity for the young girl, and due to losing track of time, she failed to realise it was her birthday.

"Heat up the Brazen." The head guard ordered, his accompanying men exiting from the cell to follow the command.

"You act tough now, little girl. But not for long." He seethed, bringing his bearded face low to grit his teeth inches from the beaten outlaw. "Soon we will leak you of information, like an eagle spilling the guts of a diseased rat."

"Nice description, you should be a poet." Eretria remarked with bitter sarcasm, lifting a cut brow at the begrudged guard.

With a harrowing slap to the face, her aching body fell hard against the cold floor. The guard then proceeded to send a forceful kick to her stomach, before cursing her beneath his breath and exiting the cell, making certain to lock the bars behind him.

"Good talk." Eretria uttered to herself, her breaths heavy and pained as she crawled to the wall in which she was bound.

Reaching up, the outlaw grasped at the spike that clasped her chains. Tugging, she removed it from the wall. Whoever had previously accommodated the cell had already loosened the sharp metal from the cracks of stone.