† Chp. XLIV †

Chapter soundtrack: 'Survival' by Eminem.

= cue music

† Chp. XLIV †

 XLIV †

___

Side by side, Koda and Robin stride along the battlements of Minas Tirith, black smears of war paint adorning their hard faces. The Harad has always painted his face before a battle or fight, for it symbolises a fierce spirit, and the dignified pride of a warrior. Out of both admiration and partnership, Robin adorned his tradition, wearing the paint like a badge of honour as she marches by her companion's side.

Soldiers of Gondor line the wall of white stone, their strong bodies clad in silver. Upon the fields, the horrendously large army of Minas Morgul chants. Catapults hurl boulders of stone towards the city, causing central walls to crumble.

Robin observes her West battlements with a keen eye, viewing the archers who stand by the edge, bows raised and ready to fire.

"Their armour is weak at the neck and beneath the arms!" She calls, her voice echoing throughout the cold stone.

The soldiers hold their stance, awaiting a command.

"What are you waiting for? Fire!" Robin orders. The archers release, piercing the thick air with their arrows as lead tips spray upon the army of orcs. "Don't wait for a command, fire at will!"

"Well aren't you official." Koda remarks from the side, a subtle smirk playing at his marked face.

"War is no joke." The outlaw replies, raising a brow at the amused Harad.

"I have never seen you so stern." Koda remarks. "It's cute."

Robin sends a bone snapping glare towards the Harad, before making her way to a gap in the line of soldiers. She views the orc army below with cold eyes, a bitter hatred stirring within the pit of her stomach.

The swarm is too immense. Defeat is almost inevitable.

Her eyes narrow as wooden fortresses are pushed across the plains by the force of large trolls, the high structures nearing their city. A tactic of breach.

"Aim for the trolls!" Robin orders, marching behind the firing archers, her voice raising above the singing of many bows.

"Who put a woman in charge?" One silver clad soldier mutters to the man by his side. Robin hears this complaint, and comes to a halt behind the begrudged Gondorian.