† Chp. LIV †

Welcome, my merry women, to the last chapter!

Thank you all for sticking around, I hope you enjoy <3

Chapter soundtrack: 'Good Riddance' by Green Day.

= cue music

† Chp. LIV †

 LIV †

___

The city of Minas Tirith shines with a white glow, its banners caught high in the breeze as the stone walls reflect the bright, free of evil landscape which cascades the valley. An immense crowd fills the court, as men, elves, and even hobbits combine to attend Aragorn's coronation.

There the man kneels upon the steps of white stone, called home by the silver trumpets. Gleaming armour of high guards fills the court, its scenery decorated by woven flora and raised spears. Gandalf stands before him, draped in an illuminant white cloth and raising a delicately crafted gold and silver coronal.

The crown of Gondor. The crown of kings.

Gandalf lowers the symbol of royalty to rest upon the head of Aragorn, officially crowning him as the King of men. A serene silence fills the court, as many watch the coronation with awe and tear brimmed eyes.

"Now come the days of the King." The wizard proclaims, as the crown sits upon Aragron's head as if crafted to be his. Gandalf lowers his tone, looking down to the king with pride and addressing him in a soft utter.

"May they be blessed."

Aragorn nods, drawing a deep breath, before standing to his feet and turning to face the vast array of onlookers. A loud cheer erupts from the court.

A deep green cloak drapes the body of the man, embellished on the edges with floral designs. Upon his chest sits polished silver, and adorning the crest of his crown blooms the white tree of Gondor. Aragorn's hand rests upon the hilt of Andruil, and in his eyes, a kingly honour is kindled.

The ranger of the North is no more. In his place stands a leader, radiating love and dignity towards his people.

"This day does not belong to one man, but to all." Aragorn speaks with great strength, his words reaching the hearts of the people. "Let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in the days of peace."

Another cheer and applaud breaks from the audience.

Like snowflakes dancing in a welcome to the new king, white petals drift from above, floating softly to the ground as Aragorn begins to sing. The white tree has finally bloomed. Stepping down, he walks through the parted crowd, Gimli close to his side.