† Chp. XXVI †

Chapter soundtrack: 'Loyalties Amongst Thieves' by New Politics.

♪ = que da music

Happy birthday to Lady_of_the_Light who didn't actually tell me the date, but wanted a birthday update. This chapter's dedicated to you sis (;

† Chp. XXVI †

 XXVI †

___

I walk through the paths of Helms Deep which are littered with Uruk-hai carcass, a spring in my step as I admire our handy work. A wide grin remains engraved on my face as adrenaline continues to stream through my veins.

Never would I have even considered to fight in a battle, let alone win a war.

Actually, to toot my own horn, I've technically won two battles in less than a day. I think I have finally earned my master warrior title.

Okay Robin, time to strip the pride panties. The ring hasn't been destroyed yet.

Although, I'm sure there could be many alternatives to dumping the gold in Mordor's hot tub, ones which don't involve two Hobbit's travelling on their own. Heck, Legolas could have tied the ring to one of his arrows and shot it into the volcano all the way from the bloody shire. However, in the hobbits we trust, and I am certain they will accomplish their task. Either that or we all get barbecued.

I wonder how Sam and Frodo are going?

"Eretria?" A voice as smoothe as honey pulls me from my thoughts, and my grin returns as I spot the one and only Eowyn.

"How's it going, chook?" I reply, allowing my best friend to pull me into a hug.

"Considering I am able to now walk the grounds freely, I am doing rather well, little butterfly." She beams, leaning back as her thumb runs across my cheek and wipes across smeers of blood. Her brows knit together. "Did you fight?"

"You bet your ass I did." I smirk, however Eowyn continues to look confused, and I notice that she even seems to show a hint of irritation.

"You okay, chook?" I ask, rather confused by her expression.

"Oh- right, sorry. It was just- well I would have been worried about you had I known." She replies, lowering her gaze as she steps back, before looking over my shoulder with glazed eyes and a rather straight expression. "I am going to bid my thanks to more soldiers. I shall see you later, Eretria."

And without so much as a second glance, Eowyn walks away. I turn my head and watch her figure disappear around one of the stone corners, confusion still lingering as my eyebrows knit together.