† Chp. LIII †

Chapter soundtrack: 'Lightning Crashes' by Live.

= cue music

† Chp. LIII †

 LIII †

___

A soft, warm glow spreads across Frodo's pale face, and the light hearted sound of bird song brings the hobbit to wake. His body is sore and battered from the extreme task of destroying the ring, though now he lays in serenity, the sun greeting the halfling with her warm rays. Frodo slowly raises himself from the pristine, pearly sheets, recognising his surroundings to be that of Rivendell. A figure standing by the end of his bed draws the hobbit's attention.

"Gandalf?" Frodo utters in pure disbelief.

The white wizard cracks a cheerful grin, filled with joy at the sight of the beloved halfling, and he lets out a merry chuckle. Frodo joins in on the laughter, relieved to finally be safe and in the presence of his old friend.

Two beaming faces suddenly appear at the door to Frodo's room. Merry and Pippin dash forward, leaping onto the young halfling with uncontainable excitement.

"Frodo!" Merry exclaims, embracing the hobbit upon landing on his bed.

A loud shout sounds from the doorway, and Frodo raises his head to view the dwarf with his arms extended wide.

"Gimli!" He exclaims, and the son of Gloin lets out a booming laugh, clapping his hands in joy at the sight of Frodo. The dwarf steps forward and into the room, his eyes wild with cheerfulness.

Next to appear is Legolas, and the elf raises his chin, a soft smile spread across his face. Frodo gasps out in joy, overwhelmed by relief at the sight of his companions.

However, Legolas' body is shoved aside as a shorter figure barges into the room, and Frodo can't help but grin at the sight of a well known outlaw.

"There's my boy!" Robin remarks, dashing over to the bed and dog piling atop the cluster of hobbits. She slightly grimaces at the pain in her shoulder caused by the impact, though this is buried by her overpowering excitement. The outlaw wraps one arm around the necks of Pippin and Frodo, her other in a sling.

"What happened?" Merry questions, pointing to the fabric which holds her left arm.

"Broken collar bone, no biggy." The outlaw replies, sending the hobbit a reassuring wink.

"Aragorn!" Frodo calls out with a cheerful cry. The heir to Gondor steps through the entrance, a wide grin spread across his face.