† Chp. XXIX †

Chapter soundtrack: 'Who Knew' by P!nk.

♪ = cue the music

!warning! - there will be strong alcohol abuse. If this is a sensitive topic, then please skip to the next chapter.

† Chp. XXIX †

 XXIX †

___

From the moment in which the fellowship arrives back in Edoras, Eowyn knows there is a problem. Robin rides in last, her head bowed as she blocks the outside world from her destructive mind. It comes as a shock, the cold expression in which engraves her features, for never once has the lady seen the outlaw in such a deprived state.

Eowyn paces towards her friend as Robin dismounts her steed. Placing a hand on her shoulder, the lady of Rohan greets the outlaw, a dim smile upon her soft lips.

"It's good to see you are okay, little butterfly." She utters. However, Eowyn tenses as Robin lifts her gaze, her eyes glazed as pure resentment radiates from her bitter glare.

The outlaw shakes her head, pushing past her friend with a tightly clenched jaw. Eowyn steps back in both shock and confusion. She has never seen Robin in such a state, and to put it quite frankly, she is terrified.

If she had of known the mental torture in which Isengard would hold upon her young friend, Eowyn would have fought against Robin joining the ordeal. Although, it's not as if her opinion would have swayed the mind of the determined outlaw.

Her tense gaze meets that of Aragorn's, and the man softens his expression, stepping forward to inform Eowyn of Saruman's death.

Although one individual holds grief, victory has lifted the spirits of Edoras through a conquered battle and the fall of Isengard. Once again, the human race has displayed undefeatable strength, and for that, Rohan shall celebrate.

"Tonight, we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country." Theoden proclaims, standing before a full hall as he raises a goblet in which Eowyn offered.

The onlookers stand to their feet paying respect towards the fallen as they offer up their mugs. Robin is nowhere in sight.

"Hail the victorious dead!" Theoden speaks with great passion, extending his toast. The hall shouts in response to their king, before downing their drinks. Eowyn scans across the wide space, rather concerned for her friend.

Robin is never one to miss honourable ceremonies, as she holds too much respect towards the bravery of men. However, at this current moment, she is nowhere to be seen. Eowyn lowers her head, her mind ticking with worry.

The young outlaw always bounces back with time. However, if she skips out on the party, then Eowyn will truely trust her concern.