† Chp. XXXVII †

Chapter soundtrack: 'My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark' by Fall Out Boy.

= cue music

† Chp. XXXVII

 XXXVII †

___

"Koda?!" I exclaim, my eyes wide in suprise as I observe the tall harad who looms over my position on the ground.

A wide smirk carves onto his dark features, and he offers me a hand. I accept the gesture, jumping to my feet.

With a large grin, I envelope the man into a firm hug. His chest vibrates with a chuckle as he wraps his arms around my torso.

"Well, that was certainly a memorable reunion." I retort, stepping back and crossing my arms.

"Your fighting has gotten rather sloppy." He teases, and I raise a brow.

"That's what happens when you're trained by an amateur." I reply with an emphasised attitude.

"That's what happens when you run on impulse and overconfidence, let alone picking street fights with strangers." Koda fires back.

"You've got to admit, I did kick his ass." I retort, lifting my chin.

The dark man raises his brows, his brown eyes trailing down to my bicep.

"What have you done this time?" He questions, gently placing his fingers against my arm, and lowering his head to observe the thick burns with furrowed brows.

"My reunion with an old friend didn't go so well." I reply with a snort, pressing my lips together. "I guess it has turned into a common occurance."

Suddenly, a movement towards the side of the alley grabs our attention, and Pippin emerges from the crates, rubbing the top of his head. I jump back from Koda, observing the hobbit for any injuries, however he seems to be fine. The harad's abrupt arrival distracted my mind from the halfling.

"What's going on?" Pippin questions, continuing to rub circles a top his curly head.

And I can completely understand the hobbit's confusion. Koda would seem rather odd to anyone who has never encountered the Haradrim race, for the Southrons can seem fierce and daunting when first sighted. The tall man hides an array of tattoos beneath his cloak, the designs decorating his brown skin as symbols of both skill and culture. His facial structure is bold, almost harsh, although his voice is rather smooth for that of a harad. Amongst this is the fact that we were having a brawl only minutes ago.

"Pip, meet Koda. He's been a friend of mine for awhile." I introduce, bringing Pippin closer to the man.

"Well that was a great way of greeting a friend." The hobbit remarks, eyeing down the harad.