† Chp. XXX †

† Chp. XXX †

 XXX †

___

She was 13 years old when she discovered the city of Edoras.

Every child yearns for adventure. However, the desire never quite faded for this particular girl. The stories in which the white wizard would tell the young girl ignited her sense for exploration, and one particular day, she set out on her own personal journey.

Treebeard was aware of her desire to explore, so he assisted the youngling in packing food and water. Bedding was unnecessary, for the young girl had grown used to sleeping amongst the earth.

With the touch of two foreheads and a bright wave, she set out for a short journey. Treebeard was indeed worried for her wellbeing, however he believed she had reached the age of independence.

Days drifted by, and the young girl explored vast plains and low valleys. For the first time she experienced the silence of grass fields, the only sound being that of the seed pods rattling against the breeze. It was unknown where her feet would take her, but although she wandered, she was not lost. She had made sure to remember the path in which she came, carving a marking into trees and stones which seemed to stand out. Eventually, a sight which filled the young girl with complete awe blessed her vision.

A large mountain rose from the plains like a sea dragon breaching it's head above still water. Speckled along it's rolling features appeared to be rigid scales, which upon further inspection, proved to be wooden houses.

The young girl's heart lept as she recognised the city to be of human design. It had been years since she interacted with her own kind. She barrelled towards the entrance, excitement flooding her veins.

The sweet sound of upbeat music and hustling crowds welcomed her presence as she wandered through the large doors, a stroke of familiarity caressing her heart. With a furrowed brow, the guards let her pass through, confused but not alarmed.

Her eyes widened as the smell of roast mutton spread through the light air, filling her nose and causing her dry mouth to slightly water. The hearty strumming of a banjo lightened the already bright atmosphere, and a wide beam spread across the young girl's face as she continued down the dirt street, the humble structures bringing a sense of home.

"Ew, why is she so dirty?"

Her heart skipped a beat, and her feet came to a hault as the young girl snapped her head in the direction of four young girls. A grimace contorted upon the speaker's face, as she observed her torn attire.

"Is it even human?" A girl with blonde,  wavy locks questioned, the group looking to be in their early years of adolescence. This remark caused the teenagers to release bitter snickers.