† Chp. XI †

Chapter soundtrack: 'Blitzkrieg Bop' by The Ramones.

† Chp. XI †

 XI †

____

The fellowship run through the enormous halls of Moria, orcs hot on their tail. Just Robins luck, she looks up to see the roof crawling. Wretched creatures spiral down the stone columns from every direction, and soon, the fellowship find themselves to be encased within the large mob of ghastly orcs.

With her weapons drawn and wide eyes, Robin looks in every direction, only to be met by the beady mauls of the horrendous creatures. All thoughts on her cold are completely forgotten, only to be replaced by a matter much worse.

"Any bright ideas Gandalf?" She questions, gripping onto the handles of her daggers for dear life.

Suddenly, as if both lucky and fatal, the orcs scatter away with loud shrieks and shrills. There is no arrow fired, not even an attempt to attack the fellowship. They just crawl up the stone columns and disappear.

Gimli laughs at their weakness, as everybody else looks to Gandalf with puzzled expressions.

"Good job, Boromir." Robin remarks with a smirk and a sigh of relief. "You should show your face more often."

But the look on Gandalfs face tells Robin that the atmosphere is definitely not light. He grips his staff, staring with remorse at the orange glow which emerges from the end of the hallway.

A deep gurgle echoes throughout the stone walls, causing the floor to vibrate and the fellowship to hold their breath.

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir utters to Gandalf, and the silence of the grey wizard causes a chill to rack down Robins spine.

As another harrowing gurgle is heard, the orange glow grows bigger, illuminating the hall and spreading towards where the fellowship stand.

"A balrog. A demon of the ancient world." Gandalf explains in a low voice.

"Great, so we've awoken my mum." Robin retorts.

"This foe is beyond any of you... Run!" Gandalf orders, and nobody complains as they take off towards the nearest doorway.

Boromir takes the lead as the fellowship exit the cavern of columns, but he comes to a sudden stop as he meets the edge of a deep chasm, his balance failing as he tries to stop himself from falling in. Robin grabs the back of his armour, and tugs him away from the edge.

"Lead them on Aragorn, the bridge is near." Gandalf orders the man, grabbing him by the shoulder and pushing him off into the right direction. Robin looks around the corner of the stone wall, then averts her eyes back to the others.