*Chapter 33*

Jack's POV

Today is the day...the day I talk to Hayley for the first time in a while. I'm kinda nervous to be honest. My heart starts beating quickly and my palms sweat as I walk closer and closer to her door. Actually, she might not even be here so I'll just call her...no don't do that, ugh just do it Jack! I knock on her door, thinking if I just made a mistake. The door swings open and I see a teary eyed Hayley. As I was about to say something, she hugs me...which in my surprise, wasn't the reaction I was expecting.

I rub her back before asking her what's wrong.

"My-my dad just got into a car accident last night and my mom said that he didn't make it once they got into the hospital" she sniffed and I couldn't let go of her.

"I'm so sorry to hear that Hayley but I need you to stay strong" I say calmly and she does a sigh.

"I'm glad that your here Jack, I actually was going to your house to talk to you about what happened because I wanted everything to be back to the way they were" she says which gives me relief.

We both sit on her bed. She wipes her tears away and we stare at each other in silence. Both of our mouths starts to form a smile.

"Hayley, I just wanted to say that I'm very sorry for what I did, do you- do you want me to tell you what happened?" I say nervously.

"Sure" she says as she nods.

"Ok well during tour...I met a fan. Her name was Emily and I thought she was gorgeous and I completely forgot about us. One night, we were at a party with the boys and we...kissed. That's when I texted you its over" By now, I was looking down at the ground.

"Are you still with her?" She asks looking away.

"No" I say.

"What happened?" She curiously asks.

"A couple of days later, we were doing a meet and greet and I caught her on the phone saying to her friend that she was only using me for fame. I confronted her and I broke up with her. I couldn't face you because of the thing I did and I figured that you would be really pissed at me" I finish.

I look up at her to see a smile on her face.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask.

"Well to be honest, I really was mad at you but I knew you had an explanation so the anger kind of drifted away" she says.

I chuckle and hug her.

"Thank you for understanding" I whisper.

I let go of her and she holds out her pinky.

"Pinky promise that we will never hurt each other again?" She says.

"Pinky promise" I say as I intertwine my pinky to hers.