chapter 3

Camila POV

OMG CAMZ!!” Lauren screamed. 

“What?” I looked around frantically, wondering if our boat had hit a rock or a whale or something.

“Why don’t you come look Camz?”

“I’m too scared to look” I looked down. if our boat had a hole in the bottom i didn’t want to know, i didn’t want to know my life would be over.

“You are such a baby, god” Lauren groaned and walked over to me, she pulled me up by both arms. I toppled into her awkwardly and felt her breath on my face.

“I’m not a baby…” i stuttered a bit.

I felt her hands still gripping my arms and keeping me steady. I could feel electric pulses being sent throughout the areas of my arm she touched. I let out a whimper due to the fact of how close we were and due to her insane intimidation.

“Yeah, your argument of not being a baby just fell flat, i heard that whimper” Lauren said.

“Whatever”

“It was hot” Lauren smirked. I died right then and there. Damn the sexiest girl alive just called me hot.

I managed to roll my eyes playfully and then thought back to the real problem at hand. i looked to see what our boat had hit, it was hard to see in the darkness but i made out a rock. 

wait..thats a huge rock. Omg! We hit an island!

I let out a shrill scream and hugged Lauren tightly.

“Lauren we are saved!”

“Here” Lauren laughed and then handed my a paddle. 

We had to row to shore.

Lauren POV

I couldn’t believe this was happening. After what felt like hours of rowing, Camila and me are finally walking on sand. I anchored the boat to the ground.

“How did you know how to do that?” Camila asked.

“Different story for a different day” I shrugged and grabbed her hand. “Time to find civilization!”.

I saw Camila glance at our interlocked fingers and couldn’t help but smile.

“Finally, i might be able to talk to nice people”

“Are you calling me rude, Cabello?” I gazed my signature stare at her.

“Actually, yeah i am” Camila said confidently, or at least tried to say it confidently. She was the only one who could even talk after my glare so i was proud of her.

I bumped shoulders with her and giggled. 

“Lauren, maybe we should wait until the morning to explore. It’s still really dark and i don’t want to get lost”

“Can you imagine if we got lost? My little scaredy camz would cry constantly” I poked fun at her.

“You would cry to”

“Right. But anyways, lets sleep on the lifeboat and then head out in the morning, k?” I said.

Camila nodded and we headed back to the lifeboat. I got in and then helped her in as well. I laid down on the blanket and pulled her arm so that she fell next to me.

“Oww” Camila said after she hit the ground.

“Youre such a-” I was about to say baby when she cut me off.