chapter 14

camils pov

i looked around our campsite, trying to find someway to help Lauren. I heard her scream, and of course thought the worst. I crawled around, picking up and stick and chucking it at the ground, it was useless. I needed to think of something, fast.

I stood up and walked, tripping over my purse. I kicked it in frustration. Wait..I bent down and looked through my bag until i found the flare gun from the lifeboat.

I started running with the flare gun in my hand, i tried to go in the general direction of where i thought Lauren would be. I didn’t have time to waste, i shot the flare into the sky, hoping the noise would scare of the jaguar.

"Lauren?" I yelled out. I kept running until i saw her figure, standing by a tree. Thank god she was ok.

"Camz.." Lauren looked happy to see me, and i ran to her and embraced her in a hug.

"Are you ok?" I felt tears stinging my eyes. This whole experience was making me an emotional wreck.

"Yeah..the flare scared the jaguar..but.." Lauren said, glancing at her leg.

It was covered in blood, and gushing. I couldn’t even see the cut, it was saturated in blood.

"Oh my god" I felt myself start to gag, i was not good when it came to blood. I slung her arm over my shoulder and put my arm around her waist, helping her walk back to camp.

I laid her down in the shelter and grabbed my shirt. I cleaned up the blood, my blue shirt now covered in red. She winced in pain.

"Fuck" Lauren grabbed her leg.

"Sorry, i know it hurts, just hang in there" I kissed her forehead. There had to be band aids in my purse.

I looked through my bag and found small band aids, they weren’t good enough. There had to be a first aid kit on the lifeboat, i’d have to go retrieve it.

I tied my shirt tightly around her wound, and i could tell she was trying hard not to cry.

Lauren PoV

15 minutes later

Camila came running back to our shelter, first aid kit in her hand. I didn’t want to show her how much pain i was in, but this cut hurt.

"This isn’t so bad, i thought a jaguar scratch would be much worse" Camila plopped down next to me and opened the kit.

"Well..considering that it wasn’t a jaguar scratch i can see why. I fell when i ran away from it. I landed on a log, it was sharp though" I confessed.

"Oh thats good…well not good but" Camila stuttered and i laughed at her cuteness. Only she could help me take my mind of off my injury.

"Your so cute" I pulled her arm, and brought her face down for a gentle kiss.

"And your injured, kissing isn’t top priority right now" She pulled out alcohol to clean my but. "This might hurt".

I braced myself for the stinging, and she padded my cut with the alcohol. I yelped in pain and i felt her lips against mine.

She pulled her face up and smiled. She was amazing at making me feel better.

She then wrapped up my leg in the gauze. I couldn’t really ignore the pain that was throbbing in my leg.

Camila sat Indian style next to me, facing me. She laced our fingers together and held my hand by her side.

"I never took you as the clumsy type, Jauregui" She remarked.

"Yeah..it’s weird..running away from a jaguar isn’t hard so i don’t know why i fell" I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Haha. You’re too funny" She said back, matching my sarcastic tone.

"I know"

"Can you believe we say a jaguar? I would of preferred to see one at a zoo but it’s actually pretty awesome when you think about it" Camila smiled.

"Yeah tell that to my leg that’s gushing with blood" I said back.

"Eww let’s not talk about blood..i know i played it cool but when i was cleaning your cut i almost passed out twice" Camila scrunched up her nose.

I giggled. “Camz! I would of done it myself”

"I wanted to take care of you" She rubbed her thumb on my hand.

"Your so sweet, like fruit snacks" I blew her a kiss.

She acted like she caught it. “I love fruit snacks, preferably the Dora kind”.

"Aww, your so cute" I wanted to just pinch her cute little cheeks.

"My little sister, Sophia, likes them a lot"

"You have a sister? Is she as cute as you" I asked.

"Nobody is as cute as me" Camila acted serious when she said this and i burst out in laughter.

"Don’t get too cocky there, Camzi"

"I’m not cocky, just confident" She smirked and tilted her head to the side.

"Bullshit" I said back, giggling.

"You can meet my sister one day, and my family. They will love you" She said.

I smiled at her comment. “You can meet mine too, they will like you but i’m sure you won’t like them” I said.

"Lauren!" She said shocked. "I’m sure i’ll love your parents. I could never hate them, they brought such a beautiful girl into this world".

I blushed. “Same goes for your parents”.

"Do you have any siblings?" She asked.

"Yeah, a younger sister, Taylor" I responded.

"Great, somebody else i have to make like me" She said, pouting.

"Camz, everybody loves you! Don’t worry" I wanted to kiss her, but sitting up would only make things worse for my leg.

"Thanks" She read my mind, and leaned down to kiss me.

Camila managed to get my pain off of my mind. We were like puzzle pieces. We both wouldn’t be able to survive without each other. We needed each other to live. This is what love should feel like. Love is when you feel like it’s hard to live without the other person.

Our relationship is a beautiful thing.