Chapter 30

Lauren PoV

The cop car pulled up to the station, my hand was tightly holding Camila's. The cop opened the door and we both got out. I couldn't believe this was happening, they were treating us like we were convicts.
"Alright, right this way" The cop grabbed Camila's arm in his left hand, my arm in his right, He started walking us towards the building.
"Don't touch me" I mumbled, trying to pull away from his harsh grip.
"Lauren" Camila warned. I rolled my eyes and let him hold my arm.
"Running away isn't very smart girls, you are lucky your families were very persistent in looking for you. The care about you two very much.".The cop tried to make small talk, but it only made me pissed.
"Our parents caring for us is what got us in this position in the first place" I said, with a sting in my voice.
Camila remained quiet as we walked into the building. I saw our families, clearly separated far away from each other Camila's family lit up when they say her, while mine stayed cold faced. The only happy person in my family was Taylor.
"Here you go, if you have any more trouble let us know" The cop said, walking away.
"Camila, Lauren!" Sofi ran up and hugged Camila, and then me. She held onto my leg and i smiled at her. Even Sofi was accepting of us.
"Camila" Her parents called her and she walked over, they all had a family hug and her parents were teary eyed. I turned away from the scene, and looked at my family.
"Lauren, we missed you so much" Taylor walked over and embraced me in a hug, i hugged her back tightly.
"I missed you too" I held her for awhile and then looked at my parents.
"Lauren, you scared the death out of us" My dad embraced me in a hug. I barely hugged him back.
"You really missed me? Thought you would like getting rid of your fucked up daughter" I responded.
"Lauren, you are my daughter, gay or not. I love you" He kissed my forehead and i felt tears in my eyes. He accepted me?
"Lauren we are going to have a talk when we get home. You think it's funny pulling a stunt like this?" My mom said, angry. Of course she still didn't accept me.
She started walking away, so of course we all followed.
"I thought you would be happy to see me. Guess i'm stupid, right? Why would a mother give a shit about her daughter" I spitted out.
"Lauren, not now" My father said. I obeyed him and remained quiet.
I looked one last time around the station, Camila and i locked eyes. All of a sudden I was brought back to when we landed at the airport. We got rescued from the island, only to be torn apart when reconnected to our lives. And just like that, our little glance was over.
Camila PoV
Weeks have passed since i have last talked to Lauren. I see her in school, but she barely glances my way. My family hasn't talked much about her, but she is everywhere.
At school we walk like strangers, barely glancing at each other. It hurts just like when we returned from the island. I miss her with every part of me, and all i can think about is hurting.
"Camila, dinner!" My mom called from down the steps.
"Not hungry" I groaned back as i laid on my bed, curled into a ball.
I had learned to depend so much on Lauren for the past few months, that now it was hard to live without her. All the bad memories of the island flooded back in my nightmares, for Lauren was no longer here to take my mind off of it.
I looked at my phone, buzzing with texts from Jake, and Sandra. But it didn't matter, unless the name that lit up my phone was Lauren. I closed my eyes and could only see Lauren. I feel like i am going crazy.
I heard a knock on the door and punched the bed.
"What?" I called out, no answer. "Ugh, come in" I said again.
The door opened and Vero walked in.
"What the hell?" I asked, sitting up on my bed, fixing my hair.
"Hello to you to" She smiled and sat at the end of my bed.
"How do you know where i live?"
"I have sources"
"Great, why are you here?" I asked again, irritated.
"Because Lauren and you both have been completely different in school and are acting like ghosts. You can't just stop living because you can't be with each other"
"Easy for you to say! You haven't been in a relationship...especially not one as deep as ours" I yelled, fighting back tears.
"i know...but maybe you should accept your circumstances and try out some new people" She winked and i felt like slapping her.
"Stop trying to be with me Vero, the only love i have ever had was Lauren!" I felt like crying and eventually lost it.
I felt her sit next to me and she slipped her arms around me, holding me. I cried into her, needing somebody to console with. I could tell she felt sorry for what she said.
"So you should hear the rumors going around. Some people are saying that cops tackled you to the ground,or there was an hour long car chase. You are practically a celebrity" Vero said and i giggled.
"Always wanted to be known for being involved in crime" I said, we both laughed.
"You are on a crazy downward spiral. You are like a hero for surviving on and island and now you are involved with crime. You are like those disney stars" She said. "Always getting messed up eventually".
"Yeah, i guess i am" I chuckled, my tears drying up. "I never thought i would see the day were you trying to take away my tears instead of causing them".
"I never thought i would either. Your were so fun torture though. The fire incident at the party was genius"
"Yeah, it was hilarious" I said with sarcasm.
We both smiled and giggled. Right when i needed somebody, Vero came right on it. We talked for a long time and she eventually left my room, and i couldn't stop smiling. For once in a long time i forgot about Lauren.
Lauren PoV
Another shot, another party. I walked out to the middle of the dancing in Jake's house, the party thriving. The alcohol took my mind off of Camila for a while, even though it barely subsided the pain.
I felt somebody grab my hips and grind against the back of me. The music pounded in my ears, as the room looked blurry. I could feel my body barely staying up, loose from the alcohol.
The body turned me around and i felt warm lips on mine, a tongue battle following. I kissed the girl with everything i had, hoping to forget about Camila. Just another make out session to forget about my over controlling parents and my ex girlfriend.
"Cece! Lauren!" I could hear cheers and the noisy sound of the party bustling around us, watching us.
My head pounded and i stopped making out with the girl, she smirked and walked away. I grabbed another beer and chugged it in seconds flat. I stumbled around the house, not sure of where i was going or why.
I then felt my eyelids grow heavy. For the past few weeks this was my escape, my way out of this constant pain i felt without Camila.
Then, like many nights before, i blacked out.
Camila PoV
I walked downstairs and into the kitchen, where i saw Vero sitting with my parents. What the fuck? They all smiled and Vero stood up to leave. I walked in and glanced at her confused. She walked by me.
"Meet me outside later" She whispered as she walked out of my house.
I walked towards my parents, "What is going on?".
"Sit down" My father commanded, i did as i was told and they looked at me with seriousness.
"What?" I asked again, nervous as could be.
"We have been thinking, and we both agree that you can see Lauren again. The past few weeks you haven't been yourself, and we can clearly see that she means a lot to you. Vero just told us about Lauren, and she sounds like a sweet girl. She really isn't like i thought she was, i'm sorry Camila. I shouldn't have judged her because of her mothers actions". My mom said, and i froze.
Was this real? My mom was accepting Lauren? I can't believe this, my weeks of suffering can end in only a few hours!
"Mom, dad, thank you!" I got teary. "I love you so much! and i love her with all of my heart. Thank you" I got up and they both gave me a hug.
"Your father and I are meeting up with Lauren's parents soon, we will try to convince them to let Lauren be with you". My dad said.
"I love you guys!" I was beyond elated.
"We love you too".
I then ran out my front door and looked around for Vero, i saw her standing at the end of my driveway. I ran up to her and gave her the biggest hug in the world.
"Thank you! You are the best! What did you say to them?" I asked, out of breath. We let go of the hug and i waited for her answer.
"I just talked about Lauren, told them about every good thing i know about her. It took a while but i convinced them"
"But why? I thought you wanted to keep us apart" I said.
"Yeah, i can't keep apart your love though. You two are so in love, i can't mess with that. Even though you are sexy" She said. I laughed, knowing she would have to throw in a remark like that.
"You actually did something nice" I said in side belief.
"I care about you two" She smiled and i hugged her again. "Can i get a kiss for my good deed?".
"Thank you, and of course." I leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She seemed satisfied with the kiss.
"Yeah, don't mention it. Seriously, don't let anybody find out that i am a nice person deep down. I have to keep my image." She was blushing slightly from the kiss.
"I won't tell anybody. I promise"
"Ok, well I better run, i'll see you around" She blew me a kiss and winked.
I did the same and we both slightly laughed, before she walked to her car and drove off.
Wow, that was a major plot twist in my life.
I turned back around and walked back into my house, with the biggest smile i have had in weeks on my face.
Now i just had to get Lauren back.