chapter 17

Lauren PoV

We walked into the airport, Camila’s hand still in mine. We looked around, the smell of food hit me like a ton of bricks. People were surrounding everywhere and it kind of made me dizzy.

"You ok?" Camilas asked, squeezing me hand.

"Yeah, i’m just so happy. But it’s strange seeing so many people, and that smell of food" I said.

She shook her head in agreement and we walked until i saw familiar faces. My family and friends were all in the airport, with a welcome home sign. I let go of Camila’s hand and ran towards my family, hugging my mom and dad first.

They always bothered me, but you never realize how much you miss them until they are gone. I then ran over to my friends Vero, Lucy, Arin, and Jake.

Jake embraced me in a warm hug, and soon my other friends joined in. Was it possible for someone to be this happy?

Camila PoV

Once Lauren’s hand let go of mine, i ran towards my family. My parents hugged me so tightly i thought i would suffocate. Tears sprang to my eyes.

"My baby is home" I heard my dad say and i held them tighter.

"We don’t get any hugs?" Sandra said. I ran over to her and Marielle and gave them a hug. I laughed.

"I missed you guys" I said.

"Obviously" Marielle responded and i hugged them both again.

When i backed away i looked at Lauren, her face was glowing and she was already with her friends. Back to our normal lives.

A week Later

I looked in the mirror at my outfit, a simple white button down top, with a knot at the bottom, and skinny jeans.

"You almost ready?" My mom called from downstairs.

I was more than ready, Lauren was having a welcome home party and i can’t wait to go. I hadn’t seen her for a week because our parents wanted us to rest.

"Coming!" I flung myself down the stairs.

Lauren PoV

I looked around my backyard, it was filled with my friends along with their parents. I was nervous for Camila to show up, things aren’t the same here.

"Wassup?" Jake said, handing me a drink. "Here is some punch, the non alcoholic kind" He winked.

I looked at his bright white smile. Jake had been friends with me for a while. He looked nice today, his chocolate brown hair was freshly cut and pushed back, and his tan skin was glowing under the sunlight.

"Yeah, i’m sure you put no alcohol in it". I rolled my eyes.

"Do you not trust me? After all we’ve been through. I’m upset" He fake cried. I put my arm on his shoulder.

"You’re full of shit" I whispered into his ear and giggled walking away.

I drank the punch, I hadn’t had alcohol in a whole month. It tasted good as it went down my throat. I spotted Camila walk in and she looked around the party, she looked so lost.

"So what’s up with you and Jake?" Vero came up next to me, Lucy by her side.

"Uh nothing" I smiled. That was the truth.

"Are you sure?" Lucy asked again.

"Guys, stop grilling me. There is nothing going on between us" I saw Camila looking at us, and i turned back to my friends. "Yet".