Chapter - 50

Lauren PoV

I walked up to Camila's house and opened the door, I walked inside because she texted me saying she was too lazy to open the door for me. I walked down her hallway and heard talking coming from the kitchen. I moved closer and listened in.
"Lauren and you probably won't last! And then who will you have?" Mrs. Cabello said, partly yelling.
"Mom! I made an effort, my friends don't want to be around me anymore! And Lauren and I won't break up" Camilas voice was loud and shaky.
"Honey, it is a High School relationship, it's not like you two are married"
"You don't even understand" Camilas footsteps grew closer, her sobs could be heard. She tried to walk past me but I pulled her into a hug, my arms wrapping her into me.
"Shhh baby" I rubbed my hand up and down her back.
"Nobody gets it..." She buried her face into my neck and I held her fragile body close.
"Gets what?"
"How much I love you...and how much you love me" Her tears soaked my neck as I kept rubbing her back.
"Only we need to know what is real, ok?" I kissed her cheek, "stay here".
I gave her one last kiss on the forehead before heading into the kitchen. I saw her mom sitting at the kitchen table and I cleared my throat.
"Hello Lauren, where did you come from?" She smiled at me.
"I love your daughter", I cut right to the point, "More than life itself. When I thought I was going to die on that island, she saved me. Not only physically but mentally, when I thought I was losing my mind she brought me back down to earth" My eyes filled with water.
"Lauren" She said but I continued.
"This isn't just high school love, this is real and mature and forever. We have been through more than married couples have, and I know I love her. I don't deserve her, but in this twist of fate I have her. She is mine and I'm never letting her go". I felt at tear roll down my cheek, saying these words brought back the feelings I had on the island. I am lost without Camila.
"Welll....I think you have proved a point. I'm sorry for misjudging you sweetie" Her face looked concern, "don't cry Lauren".
"I'm fine" I snuffled a bit and smiled.
"You love her a lot, don't you?"
"More than words slapped together in a sentence could ever explain" I wiped away my tears.
"Then I can't criticize you" She handed me a tissue and I smiled, "I have laundry to do, you two have fun. And please stop crying".
"Thanks" I walked out into the hallway where Camila seemed to feel better.
She grabbed my hand and we walked to her room, she laid down on her bed and I followed. I laid on my back while she laid on her stomach next to me, propped up on her elbows.
"Were you crying?" She asked me, looking right into my eyes.
"No" I said, my nose sniffling for sure giving me away.
"Your eyes are red and your nose is runny, I can tell when you cry"
"Ok cool, tell everybody the great story of how you saw Lauren Jauregui, the biggest bad ass in town, cry"
"You think you are a lot tougher than you are. I heard what you said about me to my mom...all of those nice things" She was grinning.
"It was no big deal, just trying to prove a point" I blushed a bit and looked at the ceiling to avoid her eyes.
"Why do you hate when I find out that you say nice things about me?"
"I'm not a romantic person, I'm not into that mushy lovey doves shit" I replied.
"You are so full of shit", She smirked and put her hand under my chin, directing my eyes to look into hers.
"And what are you going to do about it?" I asked.
"Tell the whole school about your soft side" She smirked evilly.
"Fuck you" I simply responded.
Camila PoV
"You say fuck a lot, it's not a good word" I said to annoy her, smiling at her reaction.
"The whole idea of curse words is stupid, like who invented them? People look down upon you if you say them but if we never would of invented this whole idea of bad words then we could say anything we want and nobody would give a fuck"
"I actually feel the same way!"
"I get heated over shit like this" She mumbled, "Now I am going to swear in every fucking sentence to prove my point".
"Let's kiss because we aren't conforming to the usual ways of proper society!" I pounced on her and kissed her lips, her hands held my lower back.
Her tongue found its way into my mouth and she kissed me with force. Her one hand moved to the back of my head where her hand tangled in my hair and pulled my face closer to hers.
My room door flung open and I rolled off of Lauren.
"No doors closed when she is in your room" My mom warned me as she watched us, "and Lauren if you are hungry get a snack instead of eating my daughters face" She joked before walking away.
Lauren's face was red but she was laughing at my moms remark. I groaned and covered my face with a pillow.
"I love your mom so much holy shit" Lauren was still laughing.
"She's not that funny she is just embarrassing" I mumbled into the pillow.
"Camz", Lauren took the pillow and threw it to the ground, "Your mom is like so much cooler than mine. Don't be embarrassed, I don't like when you hide your face. It's too beautiful to be hidden away from my admiring eyes".
"Lauren! Where did all this romantic talk come from?" I asked, surprised.
"I'm just a awesome person that possesses many qualities, like being romantic" She shrugged.
"You love being cocky in front of me" I stated.
"Watching you get mad is fun" She blew me a kiss.
"Oh, glad to know you find enjoyment in my utter pain and madness" I shook my head but smiled.
"I can find joy in everything about you..especially your ass. Looking at it, touching it, secretly taking pictures of it" She giggled.
"And then here comes the one sentence that cancels out everything romantic you just said" I joked around, biting my lip as we both giggled.
I cuddled into her side and closed my eyes. Right now in this moment I felt the happiest, in her arms. And when we talked I still feel the butterflies and giddiness just like when we met.