Chapter - 55

Lauren PoV
Conversations surrounded the dinner table, filled with Vero, Lucy, Camila, Asher, my mom, Mr. Vives, and Cece. But I wasn't talking, I was chewing viciously on steak, glaring at Cece.
"Lauren?" Camila said. I snapped out of my daze and looked at her.
"What's up, baby girl?" I asked
"You just seemed out of it..."
"Sorry, I'm sitting across from my stalker so I'm not exactly happy" I rambled. Cece cleared her throat, obviously hearing what I said.
"Lauren, be nice" Camila kissed my cheek.
"Fine" I answered.
The whole table started to laugh, but obviously we missed out on the joke. I then saw Cece flick something on the table, salad dressing drenched my clothing.
"The fuck?" I stood up, looking down at the mess.
"I'm so sorry" She fakely said, I stormed out into the kitchen. I heard footsteps behind me and saw Cece. I rolled my eyes and dabbed my clothing with a wet cloth.
"Still a bitch?" I asked.
"I needed to talk to you, alone"
"Leave it to you to not just ask like a normal person, but pour dressing" I threw the cloth in the sink, it was no use.
"Sorry" She bit her lip and walked closer, using her crutches.
"Talk" I commanded.
"I wanted to apologize..for everything I've done to you" She swallowed hard.
I laughed, "you think I believe that?".
"Lauren...I was blinded by love back then. When we were drunk we didn't just fuck..we talked for hours. When I saw you with Camila the next day..it made me crazy. That you ignored everything that happened" She came closer and her face looked sincere.
"Why would you just apologize now though....."
"Because my life flashed before my eyes in that car accident and I don't want to die knowing that I was a complete bitch to you...I did love you" She admitted.
"Love is a strong word" I stammered out. I know I should forgive her, but how can I believe her?
"Can't you just forgive me jauregui? I never apologize to anybody" She put on a tough face, I knew it was all an act.
"You kidnapped a child, my girlfriends little sister to be exact and almost killed me".
"Oh come on, I didn't even hurt her" She retorted. "Forgive me Lauren? God I sound desperate".
"I forgive you" I said, feeling like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. "No more stalking though".
"I won't be able to...I'm going a private school, only girls. My parents think its a good idea for me to get away from here" She said.
"Probably is a good idea"
"Yeah and all the girls mmmmm, I'm so dumping Asher and going after the girls" She smirked.
"Of course" I shook my head, smiling. Our feud maybe finally had some what of an end.
"Hug it out" She walked over using her crutches.
"Ok,but squeeze my ass and ill slap you into Brazil" I remarked.
"Brazilian girls are hot, I wouldn't mind" She set her crutches aside, and we hugged, she backed away. That was it, maybe our final peace treaty.
"That car accident actually made you a better person" I stated.
"Death gives you perspective" She nodded and started to go back to the dinner table. Mr. Vives walked into the kitchen.
"Everything alright?" He placed some plates into the sink.
"Yeah..." I thought for a while. Forgiving Cece felt so good, maybe I should give it a try with him. "Mr. Vives, I'm sorry for being a brat. I know your trying to do your best with me here...and it will take some time to adjust to you. I miss my dad...but your here now and I'm ready to accept that".
"That's great Lauren. I'm hoping we will get along just fine. Tonight I invited everybody here for dinner, because of one thing" He pulled out a velvet box, he was going to propose to my mom. And for somereason, I was ok with it.
"Go for it, you have my blessing, but In return could you help me with something?".
-Camila PoV-
Lauren sat back down at the table, a huge smile on her face.
"I made up with Cece and made peace with Mr. Vives" She stated proudly.
"Good job!" She kissed my lips softly and pulled away.
"My dear love, I won't ever be able explain In words the love I feel for you" Mr. Vives said to Lauren's mom, "but I love you and I need to show that to you. Will you marry me?" He got down on his knee, she said yes and they hugged.
"That will be us one day. Only ill make it a lot cuter" Lauren kissed my cheek and I smiled.
"I sure hope so" I responded. Everything right now was where it was supposed to be. And I couldn't be happier.

AN: I know this chapter sucks, I am fully aware. I just needed to tie up loose ends before the next chapter.