chapter 13

Camila PoV

I felt a tickle on my nose, i quickly opened my eyes, waking up. I spotted Lauren, propped up on her side with her elbow, tickling my nose with a palm leaf.

I scrunched up my nose, “You woke me up!” I whined and turned to lay on my side, not facing here.

"Boo hoo, Camz" I could practically hear Lauren rolling her eyes, and the sarcasm radiating off of her voice.

"You’re a jerk" I said, trying to fall back asleep.

I felt her scoot closer to me and swing her arm over my stomach, cuddling my back into her front.

"You really need to come up with a new nickname for me, jerk is getting over used" She said.

I softly elbowed her stomach. “New nickname hmm….how about asshole?” I smirked.

"That’ll work. Asshole wants you to wake up"

"Talking in third person..lame" I bantered back.

"Really, i’m lame?" I felt her start to tickle my sides.

"Lauren stop! You know i hate being tickled" I jerked my body away from hers and stood up. "Alright, i’m up".

"Good girl" Lauren stood up and pat my head twice.

"What? Am i a dog now?" I referenced to her patting my head.

"Yep, i don’t have any treats to give you though" Lauren fake frowned.

I punched her stomach lightly. She grabbed my waist and pulled me into a soft kiss. I sucked on her lower lip, i would never get sick of her lips.

Lauren backed up. “Shit..we have to be careful..if anybody finds out that i make out with a dog i’ll be shunned for life” She said jokingly.

I grabbed her hand and just smiled. i loved these little silly moments we could have with each other.

Lauren PoV

I held Camila’s hand in mine and bit my lip. I loved how funny we could be around each other. I never acted like this around my friends back home.

"Let go on an adventure" I tugged on her hand and she started walking next to me. I wanted to do something other than lying around on the beach all day.

"Where are we going?" She asked me.

"The forest" I pulled us into the green trees, until we reached ground with no sand.

"What if we get lost?" Camila stopped her walking and crossed her arms.

"Camz..we are on small, round island, i think we will be ok" I replied. "Plus we have each other"  I rubbed my hands down her arms, capturing both her hands in mine.

"Ok" She said. We continued on our walk.

Camila PoV

I looked down at the ground, watching my step as twigs crunched beneath my bare feet.

"Camz" Lauren said. I looked up, her face was pale and her eyes were wide. "Run".

"What why?" I asked.

Lauren didn’t answer my question, instead she tightened her grip on my hand and started running at full speed. I ran as well, struggling to keep up with her fast paced. Everything blurred around me.

After what seem liked hours of running, Lauren stopped and started heaving for air, i did the same. I saw her looking in the distance. I followed her gaze with my eyes. There i saw a jaguar, coming straight for us.

"Run" Lauren instructed me.

"No i won’t leav-" I said, Lauren cutting me off.

"Go now, i’ll distract it" She pushed me and i ran.

I don’t know what came over me but i ran. I left Lauren all alone with a jaguar to save myself. I felt tears prick my eyes. I found our camp and ran up to it and just broke down on my knees. I have no idea what to do..how to save Lauren.

"Lauren" I called out. It was no use. What had i done?

I then heard a loud scream.