Chapter 31

Camila PoV

I sat in Vero's passenger seat as she drove up to school, parking in a spot a few cars from Lauren. I saw Lauren getting out of her car, and i took a deep breath. I should really try to talk to her. We had just arrived at the football game.
"You ok?" Vero looked at me and i nodded.
"Yeah, just nervous. I haven't talked to her in weeks" I looked at Lauren and then back at Vero.
"You'll be fine" She gave me an encouraging smile and we both got out of the car.
"Thanks" I wiped my hands on my shirt.
"Just text me if you need anything" Vero said, she gave me a hug and walked to her group of friends in the parking lot. Thank god we were friends now, i needed somebody in the midst of everything.
I quickly speed walked towards Lauren, who was leaning against her car, doing something on her phone.
"Lauren" I said, hoping to gain her attention. I felt my palms start sweating and i couldn't wait to look into her amazing eyes again.
"Camila" She said, looking up from her phone.
"Can we talk?" I asked, unsure of what to come out and say.
"What is there to talk about? Hearing your voice does nothing but fill me with pain" She spit out, she started walking away from me so i grabbed her wrist and tugged her back.
"I have good news for us, for our relationship" I smiled at her but she looked away.
"Lauren" A voice called out, i turned and saw Cece, a girl in my English class walking towards us.
"Oh god" Lauren muttered, looking at her feet.
"I'm having a party this Friday, you should come" The blonde girl winked and leaned in, whispering something to Lauren. Cece walked off and i crossed my arms.
"Why are you talking to her?" I asked, Cece had appeared to be flirting with Lauren.
"We made out at a party and now she won't get off my back" Lauren rolled her eyes.
Did she not care? Her sentence has just plunged the deepest of knives into my heart and she shrugged it off as if it was nothing.
"Lauren...you made out with other people?" I asked, feeling like crying yet again.
"Yeah, Camila we haven't been dating for the past few weeks, i can do what i want" Lauren pulled a flask out of her purse and drank a few sips.
"Lauren! You can't bring that to the football game"
"Watch me" Lauren took another swig and walked away from me.
I stood there in the parking lot for awhile, heart broken.
Lauren PoV
I walked towards the bleachers, upset over what happened earlier. I didn't want to blow off Camila, but i couldn't look at her without falling apart.
Why should i even talk to her? To be told that we can't be together yet again?
Our relationship being over had thrown me into the deepest pit of hell, and i can't see myself getting out of it.
I sat down in the student section, to only see Vero with Camila a few people away from me.
I heard giggling and looked over at them, they were laughing. Vero was feeding Camila fries, her other arm around Camila's back.
"Shut up Vero. Your laugh is the most annoying thing on this planet" I called over at her.
Was something going on between them?
Vero looked up at me and rolled her eyes, continuing to talk to Camila.
Why was i so jealous? Wasn't i the one who pushed Camila away earlier?
I saw Vero put her hand on Camilas, talking to her. That's it. I got up and walked over to the two girls.
"Stop touching my fucking girlfriend" I snapped, piercing my eyes into Vero.
"She isn't your girlfriend..hasn't been for while. Didn't you tell her that earlier? That you two could do whatever you wanted because you aren't dating?" Vero threw my words from earlier back at me.
Camila must have told Vero every part of our conversation earlier.
"Vero i swear to god, if you don't move away and let go of her hand" I felt my body shaking, my emotions taking over me. Alcohol and anger coursed through me.
"What are you going to do?" Vero challenged.
"Camila, come with me" I said.
"No"
"Come on, i need you to come with me" I begged again.
"Hey, can you do this somewhere else?" A guy asked who was sitting behind me, i must have been blocking his way.
"Camila, if you choose me over Vero, meet me in the parking lot" I added in, ignoring the guy.
I looked at Camila, who was still sitting. I looked at my feet and walked away and into the parking lot. I collapsed against my car and sat there on the gravel, my head throbbing. Vero had gotten Camila hadn't she?
I started to cry, like i had for the past few weeks. Why had i kissed Cece? Why had i done all that shit? And now i was stuck. It only hit me now that i was a jerk, that i need to pull myself out of this painful state of rage.
I pounded the gravel with my fist, until i heard the crunching of shoes coming my way. I looked up and Camila stood there, her arms crossed. I wiped away my tears and stood up."You came?" I asked, a little shocked. I heard the cheers of the football field from far away, but could only focus on Camila.
"Of course...."
"You broke up with Vero for me?" I smiled a bit.
"I wasn't ever with Vero" Camila giggled a bit and i felt stupid.
"But you guys were all cuddling and stuff"
"Yeah, she was comforting me because you broke me heart...." Camila bit her lip and looked down sadly.
"Camila, i'm sorry for being a jerk earlier. Until i saw you with Vero i didn't realize how much of an idiot i was"
"You made out with other people! I spent weeks crying and dying on the inside to hear that you were making out with people, not a care in the world?" Camila started crying and i felt terrible.
"I only kissed other people to stop thinking about you..i was drunk. I was drunk because it numbed the pain of not being with you" I said.
"Lauren..."
"Wait, let me finish. I love you, and i don't want you to be with Vero, that bipolar bitch" I said, we both giggled, "I also want you to know that nobody was as good of a kisser as you".
"You always were romantic" She mocked my recent statement.
"I'm trying here Cabello. I just haven't felt good enough for you...but i want to live again. Without you i am standing still, not moving and not being able to touch life. To live it"
"That's better" Camila laughed and we both had large smiles.
"Don't be mad at me, please?"
"Ok..."
"I still love you. I just wish there was a way we could be together" I said, again defeated by our parents.
"I was trying to tell you earlier that my parents accept us now" She smiled the most adorable smile.
For the first time in a while, my body warmed up with utter happiness. I hugged her and twirled her around in the air, setting her down.
"That's great!" I was so happy.
"My parents are talking to your parents soon, to convince them to let us date" Camila said.
I immediately kissed her lips, feeling the rush of warmth fill my body. I pushed her up against my car and slipped my tongue into her mouth.
"Woah" Camila back away, catching her breath.
"Sorry, i missed you a lot" I kissed her lips again.
She kissed me back and i moved her away, opening the car door and pushing her into the back seat, laying her down. I closed the door behind me and laid on top of her, straddling her.
I leaned down for a kiss, but she stopped me for a second.
"Lauren...i love you"
"I love you too" I answered.
She started smiling widely and giggling.
"What?"
"I just missed you saying those words to me...." She said.
"You are way too cute"
"I know" She replied.
At that, i leaned down and kissed her again. I heard the crowd cheer at the game because of a touchdown, but it felt like they were cheering for us. Cheering that after all, we had found each other again.