chapter 22

Lauren PoV

I grabbed Camila’s hand and pulled her along with me until we were in front of Jake’s house. I really just wanted to leave. Jake being in rehab was a secret i had kept for years and for me to use it against him was awful.

I feel like shit, but Camila is mine, only mine. And if that meant getting Jake out of the way, that is what i had to do. I got into my car, Camila in the passenger seat and started driving home.

"Are you alright?" Camila asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, some party huh?" I asked, putting on a smile.

"Parties aren’t my thing, i either end up stranded on an island or almost burned alive" Camila giggled and i laughed along. God she always knew how to make me laugh.

"You should come with a warning tag, being friends with you is super risky, it’s like being with a toddler who is holding a loaded gun" I rolled down my window and sped up the car.

"Hey! I’m no toddler" She smiled and i looked over at her, she was jokingly sucking on her thumb.

"Sarcastic little shit" I murmured, still grinning from ear to ear. I looked out the window, the dark sky was filled with stars.

"You are so mean!" Camila punched my arm lightly, i swerved the car, acting like her punch interfered with my driving. "Lauren be careful!".

"You punched my arm, i have no control over the car swerving sweetie pie" I replied.

"You could of killed us"

"Camila, we were on an deserted island for a month, i think we can survive anything".

Camila was looking at me, i could tell her eyes were glued on my face. i looked over and glanced back at the road.

"What?" I asked.

"I miss the island sometimes. Being away from people like vero was really great" She said.

"I actually agree" I pulled the car into my driveway and got out, Camila and me walked inside my house. I turned on the lights, our parents had gone out for drinks somewhere and weren’t home yet.

"The stars don’t shine as bright here" Camila walked into my kitchen like she owned the place.

I walked behind her and leaned back against the counter as she opened my fridge. She was so cute.

"I’m hungry Laurennnn" She whined as she peered into my refrigerator.

"Then eat food, i’m not stopping you"

"You should make me something!" Camilas eyes lit up at her idea.

"You are such a little princess" I walked over to her and put my hands on her hips, moving her aside.

"You love me!" She hopped up on my counter and sat on it, her legs dangling over the edge.

"How does a PB&J sound?" I started getting out the ingredients.

"Sounds advanced, are you sure you can handle such cooking?" Camila joked with me.

"Shut up, you are lucky i’m making you food to begin with, don’t push it!" I started putting the peanut butter on the bread.

"Shut up is a bad word" A small girly voice said from the doorway. I looked over and saw Sofia Cabello, and my sister standing next to her.

"Shut up isn’t a bad word, it comes in great use whenever your sister just keeps talking and blabbing on and on" I grinned as the little girl laughed heavily. This was our first time meeting and she already was laughing at my jokes.