Chapter - 49

Camila PoV
The bell rung right after fifth period and I smiled at the thought of finally having lunch. I grabbed my back pack and walked out of my class, heading towards the cafeteria.
"Hey Camila" Asher saw me in the hallway and walked up to me, his backpack slung over his shoulders.
"Wassup man" I responded, steering to my locker. He stood next to me and start texting somebody.
I fellt somebody cover my eyes from behind and I grabbed the hands, I could tell it was Lauren.
"Lauren baby I know it's you" I spun around and she removed her hands, I smiled and pecked her lips, turning back around to put my binders away.
"Asher, who's the lucky girl?" Lauren asked.
"Huh?"
"I saw you smiling at that text, who is the lucky girl?" She persisted, smirking and trying to get the answer out of him.
"Wouldn't you like to know" He stuck his phone in his pocket and I closed my locker, we started walking towards the cafeteria.
"Uh yeah, tell me. I want to warn her at least a few days in advance" She joked.
"You are such a brat" He shook his head.
"Don't call my girlfriend a brat" I grabbed Lauren's hand.
"You heard her, I wouldn't go against Camila" She kissed my cheek.
"Why are you even walking with us?" I asked, "don't you have lunch a different period?".
"Yeah, but my girl is in your period, plus I'm hungry. I'm just going to skip math and stay here" He shrugged.
"Your a bad boy" I stated.
"I know, but my crush likes the bad boys" He said as we walked into the cafeteria. We all got in line and got our lunch, we went to our table and sat down.
I looked around the cafe and saw Sandra and my old friends at a table.
"Lauren, I'm going to sit with them today" I grabbed my tray and stood up.
"Ugh, fine. I'll miss you" She blew me a kiss and I fake caught it, sauntering over to the old table. I sat next to Sandra and she barely glanced my way.
"Hey" I said.
"Finally decided to talk to us again?" She looked down at her tray.
"I'm sorry, ive been busy"
"With Lauren? You were away from us on that island for a month, but to me you never came back" She said, I sucked in my breath a bit and felt a pain in my stomach.
"I'm sorry, I guess in the midst of love I lost sight in what I had before I left...."
"Love? You love her?"
"Yeah, isn't it obvious?" I asked.
"Yeah, it is obvious. Ditching the whole world for one girl means love" She shook her head, sarcastically.
"I don't get why you are so upset, can't you be happy for me? I know I have been distant but come on. I have my reasons"
"Your reasons aren't goo enough! Just leave us alone, you've changed and not for the better"
"I'm still me....." I looked at my lunch but no longer felt hungry, "I'm making an effort to be here".
"Yeah, your acting like its painful to have to be here. Just leave" She mumbled. I felt tears come to my eyes as I realized I had lost my friends.
"Fine ill leave. But I learned one thing on the island. That you only need to have one person in order to live, you only need the right person that can change your life. I depended on Lauren to live, nd I only need her in order to live the life I want. Is that a good enough reason why I haven't been hanging around you? Because I don't need to". I said, the words rolling off of my tongue.
I left the tray on the table and grabbed my things, I walked out of the cafeteria to the outside tables, but I passed them and walked briskly away from school. Tears fell down my cheeks.
Nobody understood me, nobody knew that as long as I have Lauren I can live happily. And if that means not having my old friends back, then I shouldn't care.
Lauren PoV
"She is in this room?" I ask Asher as I peered around the cafeteria looking for his crush.
"Yup" He took a swig of milk and my eyes landed on Camila storming out of the cafeteria. I grabbed my stuff.
"I'm going to go see why Camila left, I'll talk to you later" I said, walking outside. I saw Camila sitting under a tree that was near our school, she appeared to be crying.
I walked over and plopped down next to her.
"What's up, sugar muffin?" I wiped away her tears, putting on a smile to make her feel better.
"My friends hate me" She looked at me and her lip quivered. I propped my back against the tree nd snaked my arm around her back, she rested her head on my shoulder.
"Hate is a strong word"
"They don't like me because I never hang out with them anymore...I tried to make an effort but they didn't even care" She started to calm down in my embrace.
"What did you tell them?"
"That I only need you to be happy.....basically that I don't care about them or need them in my life" She looked up at me.
"That's so sweet, I mean not for them but do you really feel that way?" I asked.
"Yeah..."
"People say if you love something set it free, if it comes back it means that they really did love you. So just let your friends leave you, if they come crawling back to you your friendship was real, and is meant to be" I gave the best advice I could.
"How are you so smart?" She smiled.
"I get it from my dad, definitely not my mom"
"You need to stop being so rude to your mom" she bumped my arm.
"I'm sorry but you give me more advice then her, you are the one that makes me a better person. I guess that's part of the reason why I love you, you fill the void in my heart. You are a mother figure for me in a weird way" I added in.
"I love when you say nice things about me, you are so cute" She blushed slightly and buried her face in my neck to hide it.
"I'm cute? You act like a kitten and its fucking adorable" I kissed her head.
"So to you I am a kitten and a mom and a girlfriend. I multitask so well" She was giggling lightly and I love how I was the one who made those sounds escape from her lips.
"Yes you do" I looked at my phone. "I have a killer English test next period, I better be heading back to hell I mean school".
"Fine, if you must". She stood up and I did too.
"I can't believe I am actually the one who doesn't want to ditch school, I think the world is ending" I joked around as we walked back to the building.
"Babe, if the world is ending I want to be with you. Like in the movies when couples hold hands and die together"
"Can we not talk about dying? It's killing my mood" I replied.
"Sure, good luck on your test by the way" Camila winked at me as we walked back into the hallways.
"Thanks" I smiled at her then walked into my classroom.
I sat down and reflected on what she said earlier. I know I'm being selfish, but when she said I was the only person she needs to survive I was actually really happy. Because she is my girl, and she is all mine.