Chapter - 52

Camila PoV
I looked at the clock in my classroom, only a few more minutes until class is over. I heard a buzz on my phone and looked down at the text.
Lauren: Hang out at my house after school??
I ignored the text and looked at the clock again, why was it taking so long for the day to be over?
I didn't exactly want to see Lauren though, this whole week I had to try not to tell her at I overheard her and Sandra the other day. It would just cause problems, but at the same time I should confront her.
I wasn't mad at Sandra, she did give the bribe back. I was more mad at Lauren for treating me like a kid who always needs help and for lying about the purpose behind the tickets.
"Mrs. Cabello?" The teachers voice said, I snapped my head up and looked at the clock, I hadn't even heard the bell ring.
"I'm sorry" I grabbed my backpack and speed out of the room, of course Lauren was standing outside of the door.
"Hey cutie" She held my hand and laced our fingers together. I stared at my feet as we walked. "Didn't you get my text?".
"No, my phone has been acting weird" I shrugged.
"Yeah, and so have you. What's going on?"
"Nothing. Just tired and stressed from school work" I said as we walked out of the building and towards her car.
"You think I believe that?" She stopped us in front of her car and held both of my hands with hers, looking right at me.
"Yeah, you should trust me once in a while"
"I always trust you, what the hell is going on with you?" She said with concern.
"Nothing!"
"Tell me what is wrong, I am here for you! Please Camila don't shut me out" She pleaded.
"Nothing is wrong, get that through you head please" I mumbled.
"Tell me"
"Maybe you should bribe me with tickets so I will tell you, bribes seem to work almost 100% of the time" I blurted out.
"Oh" She gulped, "About that...I was only trying to help you. I really was, and she gave the bribe back so can we act like nothing happened?".
"Since when can't I fight my own battles? And would I ever have figured out if I wouldn't have overheard you?"" I added in.
"I'm sorry. I was trying to help you... I didn't want you to feel like our relationship is holding you back from anything..." She looked right into my eyes, and it was hard to not let up on the fight.
"I'm just going to walk home" I let go of her hands and walked off.
Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh in her, but I can't help but feel the way I do.
Lauren PoV
I paced back in forth in Lucy's room as Vero and her sat on her bad.
"Guys help!" I said. I was trying to brainstorm some way to make it up to Camila. I wanted to show her that I love her and that I was wrong for what I did.
"Go to the movies" Vero suggested.
"Yeah, that's a nice romantic setting" I said with sarcasm.
"How about you take her to dinner?" She suggest another idea.
"Too generic" I answered.
"How about you take her to the concert? You can spread out on that open lawn where everybody sits, you can take food and a blanket" Lucy said.
"You are a genius!" I went up and hugged her, we toppled on the bed.
"Ok thanks" She giggled.
"Hands off my girl" Vero tugged me away from Lucy.
"Vero, we are practically sisters it would be creepy if I was interested in her" I said.
"True" Vero agreed.
"This is so great. She will Be so excited and giddy" I sat on the edge of the bed. "Hmmm...Vero how abut you ask Camila to hang out with you but you bring her to me as a surprise".
"Sounds good" She said.
"This is going to be so cute, Vero secretly install a spy camera on Camila so we can watch them" Lucy joked.
"If you did that I would hurt you" I said.
"You spied on us before!" Vero defended.
"Valid point" I stated as we all lightly laughed.
-Later That Night-
I sat on the blanket I had set out at the venue, it was a cute little park with a private concert. My dad had sent me these tickets and I'm glad I actually could use them.
I saw Vero and Camila walking towards me, I ran my hand through my hair and took a deep breath. My fear was that when she saw me she would run the other way.
They came close and Camila looked right at me.
"I'll leave you two alone" Vero said, she walked away and Camila crossed her arms.
"Hey, Camz"
"Hey" She said.
"I brought you here so that I could show you how sorry I am for lying and stuff. And that I love you" I said, luckily she sat down across from me.
"This is nice...."
"I brought food!" I opened the basket and a smile crept across her face.
"Lauren Jauregui you make it impossible to be mad at you"
"Camila Cabello you make it impossible to live without you" I said.
"That was smooth" She giggled, "I'm sorry for being annoyed with you...just don't lie to me again?".
"Don't apologize. I'm the one at fault here. And I won't lie again" I reached across the blanket and reassuringly put my hand on hers.
"Good", She leaned across the blanket and kissed my lips before returning back to her position, "so who is playing tonight?".
"Some band, haven't heard of them before. There name is Imagine Dragons" I shrugged.
"Holy fucking shit! You haven't heard of them? They are amazing! This is unbelievable" She squealed with excitement.
"We'll I'm glad you know them" I responded.
"This Is crazy! I love you so much!" She smiled widely and crawled over next to me, she wrapped her arms around me and kissed my cheek.
"I love you too" I grabbed the picnic basket, "want some food?".
"When don't I want food? Hand me the munchies, baby" She took the snacks and we faced the stage where the band starts playing their songs.
"So what's your favorite song of theirs?" I asked.
"Hmmm.... I really like Bleeding Out but I also like Every Night, Radioactive, Hear Me, TipToe...basically their whole CD" She claimed, "you are the best girlfriend in the world for bringing me here".
"You probably only like me when I give you nice things" I joked.
"Basically yes"
"I guess I set myself up for that answer" I grinned.
"Why yes, yes you did" She said.
I looked at the band, the lights filling up the stage. The night sky surrounded us.
"They are really good" I let the music fill my ears.
"Told you, I should of showed you them sooner" she said.
I grabbed her hand and laid down on the blanket, she laid next to me on our backs.
"Let's look at the stars and listen to the music" I said.
"Why?"
"Because sometimes at concerts feeling the music is better than looking at it" I responded.
"That makes sense"
"And it remind me of our island" I added in.
We then listened to the music for hours, just laying and listening. And we didn't talk much, but the silences weren't awkward. It was more of just enjoying each others company while feeling through the music.
At the end of the concert fireworks started to be set off, this was a charity concert and they wanted to add in something special at the end.
"The fireworks are blocking our view off the stars" I complained.
"It's a good thing. The stars represent our destinies, so when we look at them we are looking into the future. But when the fireworks block the way we don't see the stars and instead we live in the present. We are living in the moment" Camila responded.
"Wow...you should be a poet or something. That was really smart" I smiled and looked at her as she watched the fireworks.
She smiled and watched, the lights flickering onto her face making her skin glow with warm colors. And instead of watching the amazing show above, I looked at her.
Just like on the island, she would always be the best thing to look at. I squeezed her hand and she squeezed mine back.
"I love you" I whispered.
"I love you too" She answered.