Chapter 34

Lauren Pov

"Sofi is gone" The word stung to get out, as Camila's eyes welled up with tears.
"No she isn't, you are lying!" Camila yelled through sobs. "She can't be gone".
"Camz..." I walked over and wrapped her in a warm hug holding her shaky body. She started to cry louder, letting her body completely fall into my support.
"I let somebody kidnap my sister, it's all my fault. My parents are going to hate me...i hate me. I need her back Lauren" She said, her voice muffled, her head resting on my shoulder.
"We will find her! I promise" I kissed her head and let her go, i looked in the closet, grabbed a sweatshirt and threw it to her. "We are going out'.
She nodded and put on the sweatshirt, her mascara smudging on her eyes. I grabbed her hand and lead us down the steps.
"We will never find her" Camila said, her face showing loss of hope.
"We didn't even look for her yet" I stated. We walked out to my car and i saw another pink sticky note on the hood. I swallowed hard and looked at Camila. I took the note off the car and read it out loud.
"Meet me in the forest behind Jake's house, if you want Sofi back" I read. The handwriting looked like a girl's but i wasn't too sure.
"Lauren..we should call my parents or something"
"We can't! This person will kill us, ok?" I said, a little bit angry.
We both got in the car and i started to drive, faster and faster over the speed limit.
"Lauren, slow down please"
"Cause slowing down is going to help us out" I responded.
"This is all my fault..i should of stayed with Sofi in the closet" Camila rambled on.
"Don't blame yourself, baby. Blaming yourself isn't going to change our situation, we just have to keep ourselves hopeful" I said, as i pulled up to the curb outside of Jake's house.
"You are so wise" Camila grabbed my hand again, and i held her's tightly.
"Wait" I said, going to my trunk and pulling out my softball bat.
"Again? Is a baseball bat your favorite weapon?" She asked.
"Yeah, it's easy to use and doesn't raise suspicion" I answered, Camila giggled a bit and i was glad that i made her feel a little better.
We then ran behind Jake's house and to the forest. We started to venture into the dark area, the night air a little bit cold and dense.
I heard a twig break and we both gasped, Camila's grip tightened on my hand.
"It's ok" I whispered as we progressed into the forest. I walked towards Jake's secret forest spot, I saw a few figures standing there, all dressed i black.
"Shit..there is more than one" Camila whispered. I could hear her shaky breath and could feel her fear. We hid behind a tree, and i tucked a strand of hair behind Camila's ear.
"Baby, whatever happens i love you, ok?" I said, kissing her lips.
"Wait" She pulled away. "I thought you told me not to say things like that, to not act like anything bad is going to happen to us".
"I'm sorry, but we are outnumbered..it's not looking to good for us" I said, feeling defeated.
"Lauren, we survived on an island for a month, anything is possible. And getting out of this situation safely, is one of those possible things" Camila leaned in and kissed me again.
This is what i loved about us, the ability to reassure each other in any situation, to be vulnerable and have the other be strong and brave.
"Hello" I called out, walking into the opening with the black hoodies.
"You showed up?" A girl's voice answered, the figure dressed in black turned around and i saw familiar blonde hair. Cece.
"What the fuck? Give us Sofi" I clenched the bat tightly, moving Camila behind me to protect her.
"You think it's that easy? You can just demand us and we will listen? Being popular at school doesn't make you superior to us" Cece snarled out.
"You can't just kidnap a kid!" Camila called out from behind me. "Are you crazy?" She directed towards Cece.
"That's the problem Camila, i am crazy" Cece laughed a vicious laugh.
"you are a sick person, give us the kid and nobody get's hurt" I raised the bat for emphasis.
"Drop the bat" Cece said to me. I shook my head no, and she pulled a gun out of her pocket. "Don't make me repeat myself".
I froze, but managed to drop the bat on the ground. Cece was behind all of this, she was the one who kidnapped Sofi.
Camila PoV
I kept my eye's on Cece's gun, this was beyond crazy. I then felt hands grab mine and hold them behind my back, i couldn't move.
"Let go" I fought, i kicked the person behind me.
"She can't do that" Cece called over. "Right, Vero?".
I felt my heart pound in my chest, i craned my neck, her hood was down. Sure enough, Vero was the one holding me back.
"Vero?" I questioned, tears in my eyes.
"Camila, i'm sorry" Vero said.
"She isn't sorry, she wanted in on this whole thing. She hated how Lauren and you became a couple, not only was her heart broken by Camila, but she missed her friends. You guys just boxed her out and ignored her" Cece was still holding the gun, a smirk on her face.
I looked over at Lauren, who looked just as confused as me. I then saw the other black hooded figure hold back Lauren. He removed his hood when Cece pointed at him. It was Jake.
What the fuck?
"And then we have Jake, also involved in your lives, liking Camila as more than friends, and i believe he liked Lauren for a while too. Broken hearted boy, wanting to join my plan" Cece was proud of herself.
Cece then walked over to Lauren.
"Bring Camila closer, i want her to watch this" She said to Vero, as she got closer to Lauren. Vero did as she was told until i was about a foot from Lauren.
Cece punched Lauren right in the gut, Lauren coughed, but Jake held her up. Cece grabbed Lauren's bat off of the ground.
"Planning on beating me up with this?" Cece raised her eyebrow, then swung the bat back into Lauren's stomach. She yelled in pain, i could see the tears in her eyes.
"stop! stop! your cruel bitch!" I fought against Vero's tough grip, wanting to lunge at Cece.
"Why are you doing this?" Lauren asked, out of breath from the bat hits.
"Don't act like you don't know!" Cece barked out. "I've liked you for a long time, and for you to make out with me at parties for the past few weeks and then not even talk to me-"
"I was drunk!" Lauren yelled.
"Shut up! You made me think you liked me!"
"That's not a reason to kidnap a child or bring a gun into the forest!" Lauren said.
I felt frozen in time, watching the scene play out in front of me.
"We had sex multiple times over the past few weeks" Cece smirked at me then looked back at Lauren.
"You are lying" Lauren stammered.
"No, i'm not" Cece growled.
"I blacked out so many times, you took advantage of me" Lauren said.
I felt sick to my stomach, to hear that Lauren had sex with Cece was repulsing. Yet i knew Lauren couldn't have been coherent or willing, she was drunk or blacked out.
"Here" Cece threw her phone to the ground near my feet, i looked down and saw a video of Lauren and Cece. "I have proof".
I heard the moans coming from the phone and i looked away, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks.
"You are not mentally sane!" Lauren said to Cece.
"It's all your fault" Cece pressed the gun into Laurens cheek.
"Cece stop! Don't hurt her" I said, she walked over to me and was inches from my face.
"You stole her from me" Cece shook her head. She spit in my face.
"You can have me Cece..just let Camila go" Lauren stated. Her voice was pained, her makeup ruined with her salty tears.
"No" I said again. "We are together forever, Lauren".
"That's cute" Cece said sarcastically.
She then walked over to Lauren again. "It's too late, i wouldn't want you". Cece said, she pointed her gun at Lauren. "Guns make me feel so powerful" Cece laughed as if this were just some big joke.
"Camila" Vero whispered, i felt her push something metal into my hands. Her grip was freed.
Why had she helped me? There had to be more to the story. I then knew that we were all at risk here, Cece was dangerous.
My hands were now in front of me, holding a gun. Cece's finger was on her trigger, her gun still pointing at Lauren.
I held up my gun. I had to make a decision, and fast.