III

Well.

Today is the day.

The day I probably embarrass myself in front of a bunch of really attractive guys who happen to be my best friend's friends who I'm going to end up spending time with.

All in all, there is totally nothing to freak out about.

That was sarcasm.

I spent an hour yesterday just overthinking everything. I know it's just a little introduction but you know what they say 'first impression is the last impression'. That saying doesn't really apply to real life if you think of it, because when you make friends you don't really care about when you first met but still, the point is for me to make a good impression and that is what I intend to do.

But it's probably not going to happen.

...

Damn me for having negative thoughts.

After stressing everything out I finally decided on everything.

I am going to dress casual but try and look good at the same time. I chose to wear a black button up dress shirt with black jeans. I know the dress shirt seems a bit dressy but it really isn't. I also just did light make up, you know, the basic eyeliner and lipgloss.

With my attire put aside I had to address the bigger issue, what was I going to serve. In the end I just decided to offer them a drink when they came, nothing more or nothing less, that way it will seem more casual and relive the tension of us not knowing each other.

Now, I just sit on my dining room table, barely used, only when my friends come over and we eat together. I type on my laptop, writing a story on Whatpad.

Whatpad is this website, also an app, that allows random people to write stories of their liking. I write stories sometimes because I just have a flowing imagination. Sometimes millions of random ideas will just flow in my mind like and endless river of colours. It gives me ideas to write fictional books. I also love to write because I get to choose what happens in my stories, to make happy endings, the kind that sadly don't happen in real life.

My hands fly across the keyboard as I write my latest story.

Ding-dong

I resist the strong urge to jump up and shout "THE WITCH IS DEAD" when the door bell rings.

No?

The reference, 'ding-dong the witch is dead'.

I'm the only one?

I am? Okay then, well isn't that just nice.

I close my laptop and walk over to the door.

"Here goes nothing." I whisper to myself as I take a deep breath and open the door with a forced smile.

"Hi." I open the door and greet Maven.

"You feeling better?" He pulls away from the hug and I notice him wink at me. Probably because of the lie from yesterday.

"Uh, yeah." I fully open the door as I am now released from Maven's strong arms.

All 7 of his friends pile into the entrance of my house.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Hi."

I must have said 'hi' a million times, there are so many of them.

Instead of being introduced to all of them in the entrance of my house, we just go to the living room. 4 of them sit of one of my couches will the other 3 sit on the smaller on next to it. Maven and I sit directly across from them.