IX

An arm hooks itself with mines.

"Hello, my wife." Rhea says.

Rhea and I have know each other since middle school and she is a kind, beautiful angel who I don't deserve. We are close friends but we don't talk often but even then she is always so friendly with me, giving me hugs, walking with me arm in arm and calling me her "wife" even when she is straight.

She speaks in her usual calm tone.

"Hey, Rhea." I keep my arm hooked in hers. "How is life?"

"Oh life is nice." She nods her head. "How about you?" We walk out the door together.

"Nothing much." I say.

Rhea and I walk together the same way I go. I get driven, usual by Daniel, and she walks because she is closer to the school than me. We split off right where she turns to walk and I cross the street to where Daniel's car is usually parked.

"How's Dexter?" She asks in a playful tone.

That hit a nerve.

I immediately feel that squeezing in my chest again but I fight against it trying to control my feelings. I feel no tears as I suppress my feelings and cover them with a smile.

"He's fine," I decide to add to my act. "we met up yesterday so that's that."

"Aw, how cute!" She examines.

I just laugh awkwardly.

"Well, I got to go now." She says and begins to walk off. "Bye!"

I wave back and watch her walk away and turn around the corner.

Then look for Daniel's car, which I don't find.

I decide to give him a call.

I take out my phone from my skirt pocket.

Yes, I was finally smart enough to wear a skirt on a hot day like this. And yes, I was very scared and reluctant to do so because of my "knee insecurities".

I get no answer as he does not pick up.

Probably busy.

Before I can call again I hear a slightly familiar voice shouting. I can't help but find that voice very attractive, deep and melodic.

I turn my head and see a handsome guys leaning against his car across the street. The brown haired boy makes eye contact with me and I almost get lost his his chocolate brown eyes before breaking eye contact and looking at his perfect face and jawline, not to mention his muscular body.

Wait.

Did I just...

Oh my god.

I just check him out.

Jungkook.

I just checked out Jungkook—I don't know his last name.

Oh shrimp.

He keeps a blank face, one that is not new to me, after all, I don't think I have ever seen him smile, except for the time I made that lame joke about playing with legos. Jungkook waves at me and gestures for me to come towards him.

Only at that moment did reality hit me.

Where is Maven? I have only ever see BTS when Maven brings them to my place and forces me to go out with them. Even now, where is the rest of BTS, why only Jungkook?

My hear begins to race at the thought of having to speak to him. Sure, my anxiety is not that severe and I am able to speak to people but the fact that he is friends with Maven and that I am going to end up seeing a lot of him is what is making me freak out. If I do something weird, which I probably will, then the embarrassment will never pass because he is not my goo friend and I'm probably going to end up seeing him often. If I do something weird I am going to end up looking at him and remembering that embarrassing moment.