V - Part II

Daniel drops me off at my house.

"Ew," He says as he pulls up in front of my house. "it's your boyfriend." He says the word with pure hatred.

I sigh and turn my whole body to face him.

"What's your deal? I don't get why you dislike him. Dex is a great guy." I say angrily. I truly don't understand why both Maven an Daniel hate him so much.

"Look Cal, I'm basically your big brother and I'm just trying to look out for you. I'm a guy so I know guys and trust me, he does not have a good reputation with girls." Daniel tells me.

Daniel goes to the same school as me, same grade and all and he is a really popular guy, the sort that every other guy wished they could be, so Daniel know everyone. He is basically friends with all guys, but not Dexter. Daniel is even friends with Dexter's friends but not Dexter himself.

"Whatever, just drop it." I shake my head.

"Okay bye..." Daniel's voice trails off as he looks out the window, distracted. "Oh look, it's your player boyfriend approaching."

I look out the window. Like he said, Dexter approaches in all his glory. Pitch black hair and storm green eyes, strong and tall, h is just a dream.

He walks over to the car and stops a feet away so he is close but not leaning over the window.

"Hey Daniel." He waves at him.

"Oh hi Dexterous." Daniel addresses him by is full name.

There is an awkward pause after he says that, no one speaking.

...

Longer pause.

"..."

"Okay! I'm should get going now!" I say to Daniel.

"Yeah you should." He sighs in relief. I know it's not because I'm leaving but because he can't stand Dexter.

He leans over and holds my face in his big warm hands, doing that annoying thing brothers do when they squish your cheeks.

"Be safe, okay?" He looks at me deeply.

"Okay." I manage to say through my teeth as it is hard with him holding my face like that.

"Good." He says and leans forward and kisses my forehead sweetly and then pulls back. "Now get out." He pushes the side of my head in a gesture to get me to leave.

"Okay, okay, I'm out." I say as I close the door. "Bye."

"Bye." He gives me one of those two fingered salute the turns his attention to Dexter. "Don't you dare hurt her or I'll kill you."

With that he drives off.

I sigh and look down. "I'm sorry about that, Daniel just is, well, he is just being him."

"That's alright." He finally turns his whole body so he is facing me and gives me is signature smile. "I missed you."

"Me too," I say and grin, happy with his presence.

He takes my hand in his and kisses the knuckles. Sometimes he will kiss me on the lips but he knows that I'm a bit uncomfortable with touching so he is always careful.

"Your beautiful," He tells me and laced his fingers in mine.

"Come on," I walk forward and tug of his arm with his hand in mine. "it's windy out, lets go inside."

I go inside with him.

*

I put a glass of water in front of him and sit down next to him.

"So Calypso, I wanted to talk to you." Dexter turns so his whole body is facing me.

"Yeah." I also turn my entire body.

"I'm...well I'm moving." He struggles with his words.

"Oh," I say a bit sad. I think I know where this is going.

"I'm moving very far away, to another country." He takes my hand in his hand does look up, just holds my hand.

"Moving as in..."

"As in never coming back." He finishes my sentence and let's out a deep breath.

"But..." I whisper. "I don't want you to go."

"Me neither, but I got to." He looks up and our eyes meet. "I know it's going to be hard to maintain our relationship but I want to keep it."

"Really?" I ask. I was expecting him to break up with me like in all the movies.

"Yeah." He nods his head and scoots closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "We won't be able to see each other as often but that's alright, I'll visits as often as possible!"

I giggle at his enthusiasm.

He pulls me into a hug and I allow my face to rest on his chest.

"When are you leaving?" I ask him, my voice a bit muffled by the fabric of his t-shirt.

"Tuesday." He says sadly.

"But that's so soon." I say and he pulls me closer to him.

"I know." He sighs. "That's why I want to spend every minute of my day with you until I leave."

"Okay." I agree.

He can't see it but I'm smiling. Smiling because I'm in the arms of the most amazing and absolutely sweet guy ever.

(Oh damn. Sorry my dudes, this was short)

© ɢᴏʟᴅxxxᴍᴏᴏɴ

Chapter Five of:LOVE

Chapter Five of:
LOVE