XXI

"Oh my god! Jungkook!" I yell.

"I'm right next to you woman! What do you want?!" Jungkook tells back at me.

"It's 5 pm!"

"So?"

"I have to go home!"

"Why?"

"To make dinner!"

"So?"

"My parents are coming over for dinner!"

"So—wait hold up what?!" Jungkook stands up abruptly. "Did you say parents?!"

"Yes!" I also stand. "I got to go home and make dinner! We're eating together tonight!"

"Well then let's go!" Jungkook says as he runs out the door of his bedroom. "Let me ask Yoongi hyung if I can borrow his car."

Before I can say a word Jungkook dashes out away, leaving me standing in front of his room door.

Jungkook and I were still at his place. After he gave me the book we ended up playing video games. We had just finished a round of the game and were going to play another, that was until I freaked, remembering that I have to go home. Today was the third Monday of the month which meant that it was family dinner night and tonight my parents are coming over to my place because I went over to their last month. It's a bit weird, having family dinners on the third Monday of each month—which is a bit too specific if you ask me but my dad chose it being the type of guys he is to have everything planned out perfectly and everything timed just right. Even though I see my parents at times other than that,like when I go to visit my dad at his work place or when I occasionally go shopping with my mom—which is surprisingly worse than going with V—but even then my mom insists that we eat dinner together, just the 3 of us.

I stand there, a bit confused, but within seconds, Jungkook comes back with keys held in his hand.

"Lets go!" Jungkook literally grabs my hand and rubs down the stairs and out the door.

Although I appreciate that Jungkook is just as worried as me, for me, I can't help but think it's a bit weird how he hi a bit too enthusiastic and worried than he should be as my friend. If anything, being the paranoid person I am, I feel like this is a bit sketchy.

*

Jungkook and I reach my place.

Something I notice that is a bit off is a very expensive car parked on near the curb in front of my house. It looks very similar to one of my parents cars, but I simply ignore it. It's probably the car of one on my neighbours.

"Can I come in?" Jungkook asks as he parks his car.

"Well—"

I stop talking when Jungkook unbuckles his seatbelt and open the door, getting out of the car and slamming the door. The whole time I just stay silent and give him a look. He just asked me if he could come in my house, and now he just walks out of the car. If anything that gesture kind of definitely gives off that he's coming in my house no matter what, and not because I'm asking.

Jungkook begins to walk up the steps of my house and stops mid walk as he is ascending the steps to my door. He turns around to look back at me. He gives me a weird look before gesturing for me to come.

He's giving me a weird look?

I simply sigh and shake my head. I can't tell if he's trying to be funny or something or if he's actually serious right now. If it's the latter then I am concerned about his hearing, because I didn't answer him whether or not he can come inside with me. Whatever it is, I just obey and get out the car to go inside with him.