XXXIII

(Curious question, what are your thoughts on a chapter that is Jungkook's P.O.V ? Yes? No? Good? Bad? Do you think I should do a chapter that is in Jungkook's perspective? Let me know and comment, that would be cool. Thanks!😁)

Jungkook gets out of the car leaving me there.

I can't just sit here dumbfounded.

I will myself to get of the car, grabbing the bag in which Maven's birthday gift was at the same time. With it in hand I get out of the car and dash over to Jungkook who just rang the door bell and is standing in front of the door to my house.

"No, Jungkook. Wait!" I grab his arm.

Surprised, he turns around. For a second he is surprised, but the expression changes to another one of his sad smile. "Cal, it's okay." He holds my shoulders and speaks to me as if I'm a child. "I respect your decision. It's okay if you don't want to stay friends. There's no need to explain. It's your decision. I get that."

I grab Jungkook's arms and hold them as they rest on my shoulders. "No, Jungkook, you don't get it. I didn't mean it like—"

"—What are you 2 doing?! Mavens gonna be here any second! Come in." V pops his head out the door and ushers is inside.

Jungkook turns his head to look back at me one last time before letting go of me, flashing a small pained smile, before turning around and following V inside. As he turns I see his smile fall and a deep frown appear on his face before he turns full, leaving me staring at his back.

I follow in after him.

"Jungkook! Let me explain—"

"Shh!" Everyone is BTS violently shushes me.

All of them hide behind furniture preparing to jump up and surprise Maven when he walks in. As Jungkook walks over to them, one of the BTS boys pulls his arms and Jungkook d'iOS down to hide behind the couch.

I decide to hide behind that couch too so I can talk to him and explain, and so I head over to that couch. But just as I'm about to crouch behind it, an arm pulls me so instead I am hiding behind another couch. Turns out it was Namjoon who did, thinking I was going to go to this couch, and so that's why he tugged on my arm, but sadly now he sits between Jungkook and I so there's no way I can talk to him.

Why was I so dumb?! I should have just gotten straight to the point instead of beating around the bush! Now there's a misunderstanding!

We sit like that for a bit before I hear the door open.

"Wait for it," RM whispers holding up a hand with a smile on his face.

"What good—wait, why's it dark?" I hear Maven's confused voice.

And then at that moment, everyone jumps up and I follow suit, not wanting my relationship issues to get in between Maven having a happy birthday. I put on a fake smile, just like the one Jungkook has on his face when he jumps up. With BTS I shout surprise and definitely startle cute old Maven.

The boy basically re-enacts a can comedy movie scene. When we jump up, someone turns on the lights and the whole room which was once dark is now illuminated. Maven seems taken aback by the lights turning on so when I jump up, his eyes are widen open in surprise. But when he notices all of us and how we popped out of nowhere, screaming surprise, he definitely was more than surprised. His eyes widened again and stumbled back until his back hit the wall close behind him with a loud thud. He had his hand on his chest and looked as though he saw a ghost.

It was the most wrong moment to laugh.

And that's why we all laughed.

I even managed to crack a small smile, a genuine one.

Subconsciously, I glanced at Jungkook who also seemed to have a small smile on his face, not a fake one but a sweet and genuine one. It honestly made me feel warm inside to see him smile.

Leave it Maven to make everyone feel better.

I love that idiot.

Just as much as I love Jungkook.

Did I just say the L-word? Yes, yes I did. When it comes to Jungkook, the word rolls off my tongue effortlessly. But...only if it had rolled off my tongue that effortlessly when we were in the car. That way I could tell him, tell him that I like him back—that I love him too.

"You guys gave me a heart attack! What the fuck?!" Maven exclaims as he gets his bearings back.

"Hey! No cursing!" Jin comes along and smacks Maven on the back of his head.

"I don't think that's what you say to the people who set up a surprise party for you," Suga says, not sleeping—yet.

"Surprise? Birthday?" Maven cocks his head to the side, confused. "Since when was it my—OH!" Mavens expression goes from confused to realization.

Did that child actually just forget about his birthday?

"Happy birthday!" J-hope jumps out of nowhere with his happy and upbeat personality.

Maven smiles and pulls J-hope into one of those bro hugs. "Thank, man."

"Yeah! Party time!" V comes along, jumping excitedly.

The whole atmosphere is crazy, happy and energetic. But even J-hopes sunshine and happy aura, Taehyung's weird yet funny and adorable personality, Jin beating up everyone for cursing, RM breaking things, Suga trying to sleep and dissing everyone do they can shut up, Jimin's absolutely angelic and cute smile can't fully cheer me up. This whole scene is missing something. It's missing it's golden maknae. It's missing Jungkook. No one really seems to notice throughout the whole party because Jungkook practically blends in with everyone, making a few jokes here and there, smiling, bit I can visibly see that I hurt him. That what I said is still in his head.

He seems to be acting normal but the difference is that I can see sadness in his eyes and that he slightly avoids me. He still talks to me, here and there because he simply can't avoid he the whole time, but he only talks to me when everybody else points something out and I am thrown into the group conversation. Jungkook only speaks to me formally though. I don't get made fun of how I usually do, nor does he insult me—something I though I would never miss but now...now I do.

And it's all because that dumb child thinks I want it. He thinks I want him to avoid me. He thinks I'm ignoring him, even though it's visé versa. Jungkook thinks that I'm the one that rejected him when in really his basically rejected me, not even letting me reply to him after his confession.

I hate him so much for that.

Why must he jump to the conclusion that I don't want to be his friend. That I don't want to be his girlfriend when in reality...

I really do want him.

Chapter Thirty-Three of:LOVE

LOVE