XXIV

(Sorry my dudes, but this is gonna be short. Also I know this is a BTS FF but I really love this song, up above, and also I think the feel goes with the theme of the chapter. EXO!)

Later that evening, after Jungkook walked me home from the ice cream shop, I was home alone, reading a book in beautiful silence.

The sun was about to set, so it wasn't late, but it wasn't the afternoon either. The sky was painted in beautiful orange shades that for some reason made me crave the fruit, orange.

I sit, so engrossed in my book that I only notice the door bell ring the second time it does. Confused as to who would be at my house now, I get up and walk to the door. I open it and am greeted by someone I didn't expect to see.

"Dex." I smile.

He barely smiles, just faintly. He doesn't even says a word. I move aside and gesture for him to come in but he just shakes his head. "No," he says implying he's not going to come inside. "I just want to...to talk to you real quick." He looks away. "Can you stand out for a second.

Confused, I do as he says and walk out closing the door behind me with my eyebrows knit. "Dex..." my sentence trails as I reach up to touch his face. "Your acting weird."

Dexter takes a deep breath and looks down, the away into the distance. It was slowly beginning to rain. "I'm honestly done Calypso."

"What do you mean?" I say I'm a whisper. I think I know what's coming, and I don't like it. I can already feel the suffocation and the stabbing pain in my heart.

"I saw you today." He looks back at me, hurt evidently seen in his eyes. "I knew something was going on."

"Dexter..." I take a step forward and he puts his hand out, stopping me. "Dexter, what are you talking about?"

"That guy—that Jungkook guy," he says. "I saw you on a date with him, he hugged you."

"Dexter, it wasn't a date. It was a friend hug. I don't know why your freaking." I reply.

He shakes his head. "Even then, I see the way you look at him. You never look at me that lovingly."

My voice trembles as I feel heavy tears well in my eyes. "What are you saying Dexter? A-are you saying...are you saying we should break up?"

Dexter sighs and pulls me into a hug as quiet tears fall from my eyes. "I'm sorry Calypso. I just don't want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't love me."

I push I'm away and try my best to wipe my tear that continue to run down my wet cheeks like a river. "What do you mean Dexter?!" I say angrily. "I do l-l..." I struggle to say the word.

Dexter shakes his head, a small smile on his face. "See you cant even say it."

"B-but—"

Dexter silenced me when he puts his finger on my lips. It's silence. All you can hear in my unsteady breathing as I continue to cry quietly. Then, De tee does something he hasn't done in a while. He leans forward and holds my face in his hand, caressing my cheek. Slowly and sweetly he plants a kiss on my lips, just for a few seconds before he pulls away, his eyelids fluttering open. The kiss had no passion it it, not like the other ones we have shared. This one was simply...sad

The kiss itself made me feel worse to the point I don't think I can feel any worse but I do when he pulls away with a sad smile on his face. With that he lets go on me and pulls away. Slowly he turns as if he is reluctant, and he begins to walk away.

I want to call out to him, to tell him not to leave me, but I remain, looking at his back the whole time. I just stand there, cold, hurt, and sad. The tears are still there but they are quite, not heavy sobs, though my breath is coming out heavy and unsteady.

As if his last blow, he glances back at me once more, and I see his hurt look once before he hides it with a very sad smile, one that pushes me off the edge. He turns around before I clasp my hand over my mouth from letting ugly crying noises escape from my mouth.

With that I spend the rest of my night sitting alone doing nothing, just thinking about everything. The hurtful feeling in my chest doesn't seem to go away so I go to last resort. I spend the rest of my night stuffing my face with ice cream and trying my best not to cry my eyes out. As hard as I try to be strong, tears fall without me knowing until I fall asleep like a mess.

Today was so beautiful.

But then.

Everything fell.

And now.

I feel like shit.

Chapter Twenty-Four of:LOVE

LOVE