XII

"Hm, need help?" A deep husky voice says, sending chills down my spine.

What do I do?

I freak.

I jump in my spot and the pencil in my hand drops onto the textbook in front of me. I jerk my body around to see the owner of the voice, moving in a very fast manner. I move so quickly that I fall off the bed I was sitting on because of my jerky movement. I fall on the ground shoulder first, my side colliding with the rug over the hard wood floors. I roll over from my side so I am laying on the floor, facing the ceiling. I groan in pain as I hold my shoulder with one hand and use the other to help me sit up.

"Are you okay?!" A voice similar to the one that had whispered in my ear speaks.

I don't reply and simply look for the owner of the voice who just to happens to be Jungkook.

Well isn't the just peachy.

"Oh my god!" I lean back a bit for a second and put my hand over my heart.

He startled me.

I take a deep breath.

"I'm so sorry!" Jungkook walks over to me away from the foot of the bed where he was standing before. He crouched down next to me. "Are you alright?"

I lean back from him, not wanting to be that close to a human being. "No, no, I'm fine, you just scared me." I close my eyes with my hand still over my chest and take a deep breath.

"Well, you kind of jumped of the bed so I would say you were a bit more than scared." He chuckles.

I open my eyes and look at his beautiful brown ones. We look at each other for a second and I notice him look me up and down. Did he just check me out or what?

"WHATS GOING ON UP THERE?!" Mavens voice booms from downstairs.

Before I can answer Jungkook does for me and finally looks away from me. "Yeah we're fine, Calypso just fell."

"OKAY!" Maven replies.

There is a short pause before Jungkook looks back at me and just stares at me for a second before jumping back a bit like reality finally hit him. "Oh!" He sticks out his hand and stands up. "Let me help you."

He statement comes out as more of a command than a polite gesture.

I hesitate a bit before slowly placing my hand in his, small in comparison. I feel the warmth of his skin on mine as he pulls me to my feet, gripping my hand strongly. It feel wrong to have my hand in his. Even though he is just helping me to my feet I can't help but get butterflies from that simple touch. It makes me feel like it it wrong that my hand is in his, because I have a boyfriend.

He pulls me to my feet and I stand up straight, a bit wobbly at first but I get my footing.

"Sorry about that, I just freaked out." I blush as it finally dawns on me how much of an idiot I have made myself as.

"No, I should apologize, I'm the one that didn't knock before coming in." Jungkook explains.

"That's okay." I say quietly as things get awkward for me.

I almost died 2 seconds ago and now I'm trying to make casual conversation. Let me tell you that I am not good at it. This casual conversation is going...well not at all, I'm not even speaking.

"So..." Jungkook looks at my math textbook. "Ratios?" He says referring to what math I was doing.

"Yeah." I laugh nervously and look at my frustrated scribbles on the paper where I attempted to answer the question. "I never was the best at math."