"Sorry But I Can't."

I'm confused. I'm lost. I don't know who I am.

Emmy Isabella Stratton. 17 years old. Cheerleader. Girlfriend of the most popular guy in 12th grade. And the most popular girl in 12th grade.

That's me. Or at least what everyone sees me as. A princess. The girl every girl wants to be and the girl every guy wants to be with.

Or at least that's who I am right now, as I apply light foundation to my face, light pink lip gloss, and eyeshadow.

I put on a navy blue, mid-thigh length, pleated skirt, a white tee, and white sandals. Tucking in the tee I give myself a once over in the mirror.

"Emmy let's go!" My Ma calls from downstairs.

Slinging my white and teal floral messenger bag on to my shoulder, I grab my phone and go downstairs.

Like usual my parents are in the kitchen. My Ma standing with her arms wound around my momma's waist.

"Get a room." I joke.

My Ma turns around," we have a room. Multiple ones actually considering this is our house."

I playfully glare at her, sticking my tongue out, before sitting at the counter.

She smiles, there's something else in her eyes when she does but it's bright, spilling love.

"What?" I ask raising a brow.

A chuckle flows from her lips," you remind me so much of Abby."

Oh right. Not the first or last time I've heard this. I'm not at all bothered by it either. When I saw pictures of my Aunt Abby I was shocked.

She was extremely pretty, her smile lit up every photo she was in. Being told I look like her is a compliment in and of itself.

Ma told me how she passed and it was really sad, though I never met her it made me cry. And when she told me how great Abby was I wished nothing more than to have met her, makes me hope I make her proud.

"I know ma, you tell me all the time." I say, a faint blush on my cheeks.

Ma chuckles and kisses my forehead," I know I do, it's just, the resemblance is uncanny."

Momma sets a plate in front of me filled with turkey bacon, pancakes, and fruit.

"Thanks mommy." I smile.

She smiles back, placing a kiss on my forehead, and smoothing my hair back.

"Your birthday's coming up quick, you excited?"

I shrug," kind of, I'm only turning 18, not much happens at that age."

"Oh but you'll be able to vote." Ma says with mock enthusiasm.

I roll my eyes.

Looking forward to 18 though. My whole family's told me such great stories about college.

We eat breakfast together before leaving. My moms share a brief kiss before both hug and kiss me.

"Dinner tonight at 7, we can go to Outback." Momma suggests.

Pulling open the door to my dark blue Honda Accord, I grimace and look at my parents," I'm sorry but I can't. Mia, Payton, and I made plans to hang out tonight."

"Made plans when?" Ma asks, opening the door for Momma.

"Last night. I meant to ask you guys about it but it totally slipped my mind."

Momma sighs," okay. Tomorrow night then?"

"Perfect." I smile brightly.

After an "okay" from ma we get in our cars and pull off. We follow each other until we reach a main road.