"Plans."

Spring Break is finally here.

Today is the first day and I will be spending it prepping for Markus and Val's wedding. Dress fittings, helping find flowers, food tastings, etc.

It'll be Markus, Val, Ma, Bay, and me.

The girls will be meeting us at David's Bridal for the dress fitting but afterwards they're gone and we're doing the rest of the planning.

Really I questioned why I was going but then Markus dropped the bomb on me that I'd be the photographer for the wedding.

Which lead to the question: why do I need to be at the dress fitting? Val wants me in the wedding colors because I'm still apart of the wedding family.

After getting out the shower I pull on beige cargo pants, a black polo, and black Jordan 11's.

"You ready?" Ma leans in my room and asks.

I realize most of my styling choices come from her. She stands clad in white Air Force ones, light blue jeans, a white tee, and a red and black flannel.

I nod," one sec."

To finish off my outfit I put on my gold chain and then follow Ma out.

Momma is downstairs already wearing peach jeans, a white tee, and nude 3 inch heels.

"Let's roll, don't want to keep Val waiting, I've watched Bridezilla." I say clapping my hands.

We leave out and get in Ma's truck. While driving they ask me about school, Jasmine, and spring break. My answer about school and spring break are short and simple but I start to run my mouth when it comes to Jasmine.

I tell them about our dates, how much we get along, how happy and in love I am.

They smile the whole time. Both are visibly happy that I'm so happy.

Ma pulls into a spot outside David's Bridal and Momma and I  head inside. Ma walks down the street to K&G where the guys are.

"Emerson, Jess!"

I look up to see Val standing on a small stage.

"You look absolutely stunning

"You look absolutely stunning." Momma gushes, going over to Val.

Val smiles brightly," thank you so much, I think this is the one."

"It is. You look gorgeous V."

"Thank you Em," then she steps down," alright girls go try on your dresses."

And so we're directed to a dressing rooms, our names on the doors.

When I step inside and close the door I see a knee length burgundy dress with a semi-sweetheart neckline. It's made of sheer fabric, fitting at the top and loose at the bottom.