"Uh No."

It's getting colder outside so the school is cranking the heat up which means when I burrow under my covers I end up sweating.

So the first thing I do when I wake up is get in the shower. Getting out I pull on a pair of black jeans, a white tee, blue and black plaid shirt, and white converse.

Joy smiles at me throwing a 'good morning' my way before sleepily stumbling into the bathroom.

I gather my stuff and swing my bag on to my shoulder before knocking twice on the bathroom door, telling her I'm heading out.

She calls something back but it's drowned out by the shower.

When I head down I see Maggie leaving out her room.

"Hey Maggie." I say sidling up to her.

She smiles over at me," hey chica, how was your weekend?"

"Pretty good. Really chill. How about you?"

We make our way over to the canteen.

"It was alright. My brother and Vince keep fighting."

"Why?"

"My brother doesn't like Vince, he thinks I'm too good for him."

We both grab trays and get our breakfast before sitting at the table.

"Are you close to your brother?" I ask.

She shrugs," not as much anymore. When we were kids we did everything together but now we're pretty distant."

"That sucks."

"Yeah but whatcha gonna do."

"Oh isn't your last game today?" I ask her.

She nods eagerly," before the finals yeah, if we make it."

Jasmine and Vincent then join us, Vincent placing a kiss on Maggie's forehead.

I nod to him in greeting when I feel Jasmine's arms wrap around my shoulders, and I freeze.

What is she doing? My heart is pounding in my chest from our close proximity and I'm almost positive she can feel it.

"You smell good . . . like strawberries." She mumbles, her face pressed into the space between my shoulder and my neck.

A shiver rolls down my spine as her cool breath hits my warm skin. Heat rushes up my neck coating my cheeks in pink.

"Uh," I clear my throat and say," thank you."

Maggie and Vincent share a look then Maggie raises a brow at me.

Vincent smirks and gestures to the both of us and makes a heart with his hands.

I give them a pointed look and they both burst into laughter. Jasmine lifts her head up and looks at them.

"What'd I miss?"

My eyes widen and I check my phone," would you look at the time. Gotta get to class."

With that I make to stand, Jasmine's arms falling away from me.

"Wha- Emerson it's not even 8 yet." She says grabbing my hand.

I freeze then stammer," yeah uh I-I uh wanted to," my face is just as confused as hers," I'll see you around."

While I'm dumping my stuff and setting my tray down Maggie jogs over to me and throws her stuff away as well.

"So you like Jasmine huh?" She asks, walking with me out the canteen and over to the academic building.

I frown," uh no?"