"Prom!"

"Navy blue Ma." I tell her, hands flicking through the clothes on the rack.

She nods and looks through as well," so is this prom or a ball or. . ."

"A ball for Prom. A Prom Ball." I explain.

My fingers brush over the smoothest satin. I push the other suits out the way and grab it. Most of the jacket is navy blue, the collar, pocket line, and buttons are black.

I check the size tag and the price tag.

"This is the one." I say holding the suit back a bit.

Ma comes to stand by my side," that does look badass. Jasmine's wearing blue as well?"

"Mhm."

We turn and look for a shirt, finding a white one and settling with that.

"I remember doing this with my mom. She was freaking out over the perfect suit and shoes and stuff and really I didn't see the point." Ma reminisces.

A smile plays on my lips," Grandma didn't go to prom though right?"

"Right, she was in the hospital with your great-grandmother."

We go to the counter and she pays for the suit and shirt.

"Alright then, next stop shoe store." She wraps her arm around my shoulder.

Then we head to Shoe Carnival where I find a nice pair of black oxfords.

"Last stop is florist. I need to get a corsage and a boutonniere." I tell her walking out.

She nods and we leave the mall, heading to a florist near home.

I spend the $56 for it and then we head home.

"Sup niecie, you ready for your big night?" Markus asks waltzing out of the kitchen, sandwich in hand.

My eyebrows furrow," what're you doing here?"

Before he answers little paws skitter across the floor and Zeus appears at my feet.

I squat and ruffle his ears.

"Val is in New York for the rest of the week so I slid over here to see you off." He smiles patting my head as he walks by.

Chuckling I go upstairs and lie my stuff down.

I have to leave in about an hour cause even though I'm not going to prom with her, I'm getting ready with Casey. I mean she's my best friend.

So for the time being I head downstairs and play video games with Markus and Ma. By the time I have to leave I've lost 6 games on 2k17.

"You're a cheater." I point to Markus.

He chuckles," no you just suck."

"Ma you and Momma have Jasmine's address correct?"

Ma nods," we'll see you there, go go go."

Nodding I jog upstairs and grab the stuff I need before going back downstairs, hugging Markus bye, ruffling Zeus' fur, and leaving out.

I drive the short distance to Casey's house and park right behind her mom's car.

"Hey Sami, sup Leo." I greet her mom and dad before going upstairs and into Casey's room.

She's standing in front of the mirror doing her make up, curlers in hair.

"Sup Cinderella." I greet hanging my garment bag on her close door.

Pausing she greets me," hey nerd."

I chuckle and go to stand beside her.

Unlike her I don't add color to my face. All of my make up is natural, I do put some sparkly eyeshadow on making my eyes pop.