"Meeting."

Two very important meetings are happening today. One more important than the next but I'm not sure which one.

One: my meeting with Principal Hersey regarding the fight.

Two: my meeting with OKCA.

After mailing in my essay and application OKCA said they wanted to meet, go over my transcripts, incident records, etc.

Now if my meeting with Mr.Hersey goes well then a suspension won't be on my record nor will the fight so I'll be able to get into OKCA but if my meeting with OKCA goes well I'll go there and the meeting with Hersey won't matter.

However I need Hersey to pardon me to make me look good so I can get into OKCA but I need OKCA to accept me so I won't have to go back to Hersey and it's kind of a roundabout type of thing. 

With this on my mind I shower, pulling my hair up into a bun. I then get dressed my outfit consisting of black dress pants, a light blue blouse, black blazer, and black flats.

I brush my teeth one more time then head downstairs.

"Moms come on I don't want to be late!" I call upstairs after seeing that they aren't downstairs.

I eat an apple and drink a bottle of water before hearing my moms footsteps. Grabbing an orange and an apple and two bottles of water I leave out the kitchen, put the fruits and water in Ma's arms and push them out the door.

Ma chuckles quietly while Momma sighs then we get in the car.

"I call apple!" Ma shouts.

"Alex I'm driving I can't peel an orange." Momma argues.

Ma shrugs," oh well."

Momma goes quiet then pouts," baby can I please have the apple?"

The apple stops right at Ma's teeth as she looks over to the pouting lips of Momma. She looks at the apple, then Momma, then the apple, then back.

"Fine." She sighs handing her the apple.

Momma beams and bites right into it triumphantly.

I release a breathy laugh, sitting back quietly for the rest of the ride.

When we pull into the school lot my heart starts to beat a little faster.

It's 10:45 on Thursday. School is in session.

My moms get out the car. Ma notices my reservations.

"Hey princess," she opens my door and holds her hand out for me," your momma and I are right here with you."

Taking a deep breath, I nod, take her hand, and get out.

Luckily the hallways are empty when we come in, everyone most likely in class. We go into the office and wait for Mr.Hersey to call us back.

Mia steps out of his office, followed by her parents.

She glares at me eyes holding hate. Her parents look at my moms the same way.

Momma lifts an eyebrow as if to challenge  them. Ma nods at them, cordial but stone cold.

"Moms." I say, a sigh coating the words.

They glance at me, nod, and go inside Hersey's office.

"Mrs. and Mrs. Stratton thank you for meeting with me today. Please have a seat." He gestures to the two chairs across from him.