"First."

I take a deep breath, holding it for just a second before releasing it.

My first day at OKCA.

I received my card, room assignment, and schedule the day after my meeting and over the weekend I moved in.

My roommate, Joy, is really cool. On Sunday she basically gave me a run down of what a normal school day would be like, adding a more in depth tour.

Breakfast in the canteen. Three classes. Lunch in the canteen. Three more classes. 5 hours to do whatever I please on school grounds. Then dinner at 8. And everyone has to be back in their rooms by 10, no later than 11.

I spent all of Saturday with my moms. We went bowling, laser tagging, to Dairy Queen, then over to my grandparents house.

Now I stand, looking at myself in the mirror. The school doesn't have uniform so I'm clad in light grey joggers, a black nike shirt, and white Air Forces.

I brush my hair back and put on a black diamond snapback.

"Ready for your first day?" Joy asks beaming at me.

She's standing at her dresser, applying make up to her face.

"Yeah I think so," I glance at the clock," shouldn't we be leaving, it's 7:45."

"Right right lets go." She puts some lipstick on, steps into her shoes, and grabs her bag.

I sling my messenger bag on to my shoulder and we leave out.

We head to the canteen for breakfast. I'm shocked by the options we have: pancakes, fruit salads, waffles, oatmeal, omelets, etc.

Considering the time we got down here we only have fifteen minutes to eat so I grab a fruit salad and an orange juice.

Lucky for me Joy and I have our first class together but after that I'm on my own really.

Our first class is Global Politics. The class just finished a chapter so I haven't missed anything.

The teacher, Ms.Stevens is very lively and excited. Global Politics sounds extremely boring but she teaches it in a way that makes me actually interested in the subject.

We're immediately assigned a project. And she picks partners for us. My partner is Maggie, who I at first didn't notice was in this class.

Basically she assigns us a country and from there we have to find a political issue. We choose two different sides of the issue and write an essay explaining and defending our side. Then we come together and make a presentation where we will then try to persuade the class to take our side.

"Hey there newbie." Maggie says coming to sit beside me.

Chuckling I smile and greet her back.

"So what country do you want to do?"

I shrug," Brazil?"

"Sounds great. You want to meet up in the commons later to work on it?"

"Will do."

We idly chat for the rest of the class before the bell rings.

Math is my next class which I find pretty easily, then Health.

Both classes blow by pretty easily, lesson then classwork, then homework.

When lunch comes around I realize I have no where to sit. I go into the Canteen, get in line, and buy lunch.

The selections still surprise me. Grilled chicken and vegetables, shrimp and grits, Thai noodles, and cheeseburgers.

I get shrimp and grits, a sprite, and a big cookie. Scanning the room I spot an empty table towards the back and I go sit there.