"Taking a Break."

The days get harder. Their words get harsher. And my tears fall faster.

I never thought school could be this bad, that the students could be so cruel but it is and they are.

It's been a week since my birthday. A week of being shoved, slapped, and talked about like a dog.

The only thing making it better: my new found friendships and my old one.

Seth is coming around. We connected over the game Fortnite. I was talking about it with Olivia and Will, who knew little to nothing, when he jumped in the conversation. We aren't the best of friends but he's warming up to me.

Will had become my shoulder to cry on, apart from Casey. He's given me more motivational words in this week than Pinterest has since I signed up. I learn that he's a total geek. Video Games, Doctor Who, technology, the whole nine. But he's awesome, the funniest, sweetest guy I've ever met.

Jasmine has inadvertently been helping. I haven't told her about the bullying but just her being around seems to help. It's almost like she knows she cheers me up or just how to. She calls at the perfect times and doesn't hang up until I'm dying of laughter or, unbeknownst to her, grinning like a fool.

Then there's Olivia. She's my savior to put it simply. I've found it hard to stand up for myself recently and when I can't find the strength to do so she's there. I couldn't tell you how many times she's stopped me from getting a bruised cheek or aching back. But she's also beyond cool. She has this charm about her, to top it off she's a sassy badass. Her witty sarcastic remarks take some getting use to but it's hilarious.

And lastly, and most importantly, is Casey. My best friend since Sophomore year. She's got enough anger in her about my situation that I don't have to be mad. Just about everyday after school she comes over, spending the night most times(like last night). She tells me nothing but the truth regarding everything and I hate to admit that she's right in most cases.

Currently though it's Wednesday. I can't take going to school this morning.

I need a break from the kids, the glares, the stares, and the words.

Casey is lying beside me, facing the wall sound asleep, when momma leans in the room.

"Why are you not getting ready, it's 7:40!"

I sigh," I'm not going today."

A frown covers her face and she comes over to me, kneeling she asks," are you okay? Are you feeling sick?"

"I'm just exhausted lately."

She pauses, thinking for a moment," alright. You can take today off. Rest up honey."

I offer a sleepily weak half smile and she kisses my forehead before leaving.

With a sigh I roll on to my back, looking at the ceiling, and shutting my eyes.

I feel myself drift back to sleep but it only lasts minutes as my phone rings. Grabbing it, I read Olivia's name across the top.

"Answer your freaking phone." Casey groans, as I answer she slaps me with a pillow.

"You bitch." I snap at her shoving her shoulder.

"Sorry," Olivia says," why am I a bitch?"

Shaking my head I say," not you. Sorry my idiot best friend is a bitch."

"You love me." Casey mumbles, hand absently patting my thigh.

Olivia chuckles," oh okay. Well are you coming to school today?"