"Admire."

My next few days go by uneventfully. Getting up, going to breakfast, then class, then lunch, then class, then the game, and then dinner, becomes a routine.

The time I spend is split, half with Maggie, Jasmine, and Vincent, and the other half with Joy and Jacob.

I get closer with all of them. Maggie and Joy are still the awesome people they were when I first met them.

Maggie and I presented our project and I got the popular vote. The winner of each argument was awarded with 10 extra credit points or 10 points on our cards.

Vincent is the funniest guy I've ever met. He finds it a little hard to be serious when necessary but he's the kind of guy that puts a smile on your face despite any situation.

Jacob is a sweetheart. He walks me to most of my classes, compliments me, smiles at me when he doesn't think I'm looking. His questions about me are all genuine and he really wants to get to know me. It's cute.

And then there's Jasmine. I've accepted that I have a crush on her. She does little things that I probably shouldn't read into but I do. She lies her head on my shoulder during lunch and when we walk to our dorms. Her hand some how finds it's way to mine when we study in the commons. When she hugs me goodbye her fingers play with the hair at the nape of my neck and it sends chills down my spine. And like Jacob she's interested in me. She's asks questions that most people wouldn't ask but she doesn't care if it means getting to know me better.

Meanwhile I just smile at her like an idiot when I think she isn't watching. How could I not she's adorable. When she concentrates in class her nose wrinkles up in the cutest way. Her eyes light up when she laughs. She has a smile that could set anyone's heart a light.

Anyway it's the end of the school day on Friday. My first weekend back home as soon as we get the all clear. I'll be seeing my parents and my friends again.

However I have two hours to kill. Then it dawns on me that I haven't had a chance to check out the lacrosse field.

After finishing my homework I change into some compression pants and basketball shorts, my school tee, and Nikes before heading over to the athletics center.

Upon arriving I'm surprised that the school is so trustworthy of their students, leaving the equipment lockers open. Rummaging through I find a stick and a ball then head out to the field.

I practice shooting for a while, making sure to extend my right arm every time. Then I mess around with different plays, faking as if I have an opponent to beat.

"You know you'll be an all around better player if you learn to attack to the left as well."

Stopping in my tracks I turn around.

"Left isn't exactly my strong suit." I say wiping my sweaty brow with my equally sweaty arm.

The middle aged African American man nods, stepping closer and running a hand over his short buzzcut," that's why you work on it."

"Right. Um, who are you exactly?" I ask.

He smiles, teeth slightly uneven but still white, "Coach Madison." He extends a hand.

"Coach of?" I ask shaking it.

"The basketball, soccer, and lacrosse teams."

My eyes widen a fraction," oh."

"You play good. From what I can see so far. Work on attacking left and come find me when tryouts start in Spring," he walks away," you might want to be getting going it's almost 6:30."