"Gone."

A/N: Listen to this song while you read this chapter it goes perfectly. If it ends before you finish reading: restart it. ENJOY!!

Classes fly by today and I'm left in a state of boredom. I have absolutely nothing to do.

It's Wednesday.

My homework is done, mine and Vince's Astrology project is complete and practice ended an hour ago.

My next game for the state championship is on Friday. It'll be our third game with only four left.

We've won them all which is why we keep advancing and we're confident we'll win states.

Four weeks and that's it. Our last game is followed closely by prom and then graduation.

I'm shocked by how fast this year has flown by. I'll be off to college soon, an adult in the eyes of the world.

Or maybe not college. On Monday I spoke with some of the investors who came to my show. Two of them said that my short film was amazing and that if I'm ever interested in making an actual movie to give them a call.

The rest of them, including Jasmine's parents, said that they could back up my photography career. 

Truth is if I want success in either career I'd have to move somewhere like California or Atlanta or New York.

Another great thing happened too. Jasmine was in my short film, alongside Maggie, Damien, Vince, Casey, and Liv. Two of the investors asked me to pass their contacts over to her because they think she'd have a good future in acting.

We could move to Cali and make movies together. Win-Win.

Strumming my guitar I look around the room at the bittersweet peach walls and beige carpet.

What to do?

Jasmine no doubt will be a minute seeing as she's probably working on her project with Maggie.

I take a quick shower, changing out of the uniform and into a pair of joggers and a sports bra.

Pulling my notebook out I sit at the desk and continue writing the script to a new short film I'm working on. I'm about halfway through when my phone starts to ring.

My momma.

With a smile I slide my thumb across the phone," hey momma!"

"Hi baby."

Somethings off. I can immediately tell from the sound of her voice that she's been crying.

"Momma what's wrong?" I ask standing from the chair.

She's silent momentarily and my anxiousness gets me.

What could be wrong?

"Come on Momma what is it?" The worry seeping through my words.

"Emerson," uh-oh full name use," it's your grandpa Wayne," another pause,"he's- he- passed away honey." Momma says.

No. No that's not possible he was just, I just saw him. I just danced with him at Markus' wedding we-I-

My thoughts trail off and I'm lost. Mental train derailed and out of commission.

"No mom really, what is it?" I ask denial playing a war with reality in my head.