"Show."

Thursday.

My show is today.

I wake up with a start, more excited than I've ever been.

The first thing I do is shower and sift through my closet for something to wear tonight. After which I shower and pull on some cargo shorts, a navy blue tee, and white nike runners.

It's right then that I see the time, 7:45.

Why am I awake? Anxious. I'm anxious and excited about today I didn't even realize.

Figuring that I'm already up, and not tired, I sneak downstairs and out to the grocery store.

We usually have enough food but it's like since I left they don't even ship as much.

I park outside of the store and go inside, grabbing a shopping cart and pushing it down the halls.

Hmmm. Bagels, bread, oatmeal, grits, eggs, bacon, jelly, orange juice, and a few lunch and dinner foods.

"Emerson," a pause," hey."

Frowning I look from the cereal box in my hand to the source of the voice.

"Uh," my frown deepens," yes?"

Peyton tugs at the bottom of her hot pink thigh length skirt and steps a little closer," how are you?"

"I uh-" I glance around her looking for Mia or Kara of Hayden," I'm alright. You?"

"My conscience is killing me and so is my heart." She says.

My eyes scan over her clad in a denim button up shirt, her hot pink skirt, and nude pointy heels.

"Uh, yeah, bummer. I gotta go though." I point behind her and make to leave.

She grabs my arm," Emerson I'm sorry."

I raise a brow and look at her.

"I'm weak. I'm not the brightest. Truth be told being friends with Mia is my best quality. I had, we had, no reason to bully you or anyone else for who they are. It doesn't matter if your homosexual or heterosexual or asexual or whatever because you were the greatest friend I've ever had. I'm sorry for being a bitch and following Mia instead of thinking for myself." She says, tears in her eyes.

See the thing about Peyton is she's so genuine and authentic. It's why I was so hurt by her taunting. Usually when she says something she means it with every ounce of her being.

That's why I believe her right now. These aren't fake tears in her eyes she's 100% upset about bullying me.

"Peyton," I put a hand on her shoulder," all's forgiven. Under one condition."

She perks up, wiping the tears from her eyes, brows raised," what?"

"I need you to start being your true self. Fuck Mia. You're so smart and if you don't think so work harder to get to better. You're beautiful and funny and charming. You don't need Mia, Mia needs you. And if anyone ever tells you otherwise you prove them wrong." I tell her.

A smile stretches on to her face and she hugs me, arms around my neck," thanks Emerson."

"You're welcome P." I chuckle, hugging her back.

She pulls away and brushes away the wrinkles from her shirt," it was good seeing you after so long, I missed you."

"I missed you too P. I do have to get going though so I'll see you around." I nudge her arm and walk away.

So maybe I was wrong before. Maybe people do change. That or they stay the same and Peyton has always felt bad for being mean to me. Either way I'm glad peace is being made with someone.